Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup.
You can cook Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup
- You need 1 kg of clams.
- It’s 1 1/2 of bowl water.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of soup base.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of pineapple.
- You need 3 of slices pickled pig's ear.
- It’s 2 of stalks green onion.
- It’s 1 handful of Vietnamese laksa (Rau răm) and rice paddy herb (rau ngổ) if available. If not, coriander is fine..
Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup instructions
- Soak and clean the clams then boil them with 1 1/2 bowls of water until bubbling and the clams’ shells are open..
- When the clams are cooked through, pour them into a strainer..
- Drain the boiled water into a bowl..
- Pick out the cooked clams and set aside..
- Slice the tomatoes into wedges..
- Slice the pineapple into 0.5 cm pieces..
- Wash the green onion and cut it into 2 cm-long pieces. Rinse the laksa leaves and rice paddy herbs then chop them into small pieces..
- Stir-fry the clams until lightly cooked to absorb the spices with soup base..
- Add and lightly fry the tomatoes and pineapples..
- Add the boiled clam liquid, pickled pig’s ears, and bring to a boil. Adjust seasoning if needed..
- When the soup boils, add spring onions, laksa leaves, rice paddy herbs and turn off the heat..
- This sweet and sour clam soup is excellent with rice!.