Sweet and Sour Horse Mackerel.
You can cook Sweet and Sour Horse Mackerel using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Horse Mackerel
- You need 300 g of horse mackerel ("aji" in Japanese).
- Prepare 1 of onion, thinly sliced.
- You need of potato starch, as needed.
- You need 2 Tbsp of *vineger.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of *soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of *sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of *grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of *grated garlic.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of sesame or olive oil.
Sweet and Sour Horse Mackerel step by step
- Mix the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic. In a small dish, add 1 tablespoon of potato starch and mix with 2 tablespoons of water..
- Heat olive oil in frying pan and stir fry the onions for a few minutes, seasoning with salt & pepper. Once the onions are soft, remove the pan and set aside..
- Fillet and debone the horse mackerel, if needed. Season with a little salt and lightly coat each fillet with potato starch..
- Heat sesame oil in the same frying pan and fry the fish on both sides on medium heat until crispy and golden. Place cooked fish on a warm plate..
- Once the horse mackerel are nice and crispy, put them on a warmed plate one at a time..
- Return the onion to the frying pan and add the sauce mixture from step one. Simmer on medium-low heat for a few minutes until the sauce becomes thick and sticky. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve..