Sour Cream Banana Bread (no eggs). Sour cream gives a tangy twist to this otherwise traditional banana bread recipe. I know, you're probably thinking, 'Oh no! Another banana bread recipe!' But this one is a little different: the sour cream makes this one so moist it melts in your mouth.
Eggs: Eggs supply cakes, cupcakes, breads, doughs, and cookies their stability and structure, as well as a tender texture. Yogurt: Yogurt adds even more moisture to this banana bread. I like to use yogurt as much as possible when I'm baking. You can have Sour Cream Banana Bread (no eggs) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sour Cream Banana Bread (no eggs)
- You need of bread.
- Prepare 5 of very ripe bananas (I let them get black and then freeze them until I'm ready to use).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare of glaze.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
Sour cream is a wonderful substitution for plain yogurt. This sour cream banana bread has a full teaspoon of baking soda…and it clearly results in darker speckles. The buttermilk banana bread I've referenced several times already with the light-colored Such a delicious banana bread! I used full day Greek yogurt as I had no sour cream.
Sour Cream Banana Bread (no eggs) step by step
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl..
- Mash the bananas together with all the wet ingredients..
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until incorporated..
- Place in a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes to an hour.* update, an hour and 10 to 15 minutes if you like it a bit more dry. Just watch it so it doesnt get to dark. This is an extremly most bread!.
- For the glaze~ put the confectioners sugar and sour cream in a small sauce pan on low heat. Stir until smooth. It doesn't need to be very warm. Add vanilla when removed from heat. Pour over cooled bread..
Great recipe for Sour Cream Banana Bread (no eggs). I've been making this banana bread for years. Tweaked it a bit to omit eggs. Upped the bananas and added the sour cream. It's great as is, but decided to add a glaze this time.