Caesar Salad. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. You don't have to eat out to enjoy a great-tasting Caesar salad. A Caesar salad (also spelled Cesar and Cesare) is a green salad of romaine lettuce and croutons dressed with lemon juice (or lime juice), olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, garlic, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
If you love caesar recipes as much as we do, check out our creamy caesar dressing and caesar pasta salad. This post may contain affiliate links. My son, David, is to thank for this recipe. You can have Caesar Salad using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caesar Salad
- You need of Romaine lettuce, leaves separated and cut.
- It’s of Cherry tomatoes (quartered).
- It’s of Parmesan Cheese (grated).
- Prepare of Dressing.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 125 ml of Cream.
- It’s 50 ml of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 25 g of Anchovy.
- It’s 20 g of Sherry vinegar.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Croutons.
- You need 2 slices of Bread.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Salt.
Chop together anchovy fillets, garlic, and pinch of salt. Use the side of a knife blade to mash into a paste, then scrape into a medium bowl. A great Caesar salad gets its swagger from a great dressing. Squeamish about raw egg yolks and anchovies?
Caesar Salad step by step
- Croutons : cut the bread into cubes, toss the bread cubes with butter, and salt. Spread evenly on oven and bake at 100 degree Celsius for 50 min or until crispy.
- Dressing : whisk all dressing ingredients and season with salt and pepper, keep cool in the refrigerator.
- Parmesan crisp : spread the grated Parmesan cheese on a baking sheet and bake in oven at 150 degree Celsius for 15 min or until cheese melt and slightly crispy, cheese crisp will turn crispier when cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss gently the lettuce with the Caesar dressing until the lettuce coated with the dressing, season with some salt and pepper.
- Top with the cherry tomatoes, bread croutons and Parmesan cheese crisp.
- Alternatively, you can present it cutely like this to impress your guests, enjoy 😋.
Yolks are what give richness to the emulsion, while. Most Caesar salads are made with Romaine lettuce torn or chopped into bite-sized pieces. However, feel free to swap in any type of lettuce into your dish. Iceberg lettuce, Little Gem lettuce and endive have a similar crunchy texture to Romaine. Pro tip: Want to impart even more flavor to your cae sal?