Guinness Beef Irish Stew.
You can have Guinness Beef Irish Stew using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Guinness Beef Irish Stew
- You need of well-marbled chuck beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of of garlic.
- It’s of Beef broth.
- It’s of Carrots peeled/ bite sized.
- Prepare of Celery bites sized pieces.
- You need of Guinness.
- It’s of Red wine.
- You need of russet white potatoes cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- It’s of Tomato paste.
- It’s of Thyme.
- You need of Sugar.
- You need of Bay leaves.
- It’s of Water.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Worshishire sauce.
- You need of Butter.
Guinness Beef Irish Stew instructions
- Sprinkle about a teaspoon of salt over the beef pieces. Heat the olive oil in a large (6 to 8 quart), thick-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Pat dry the beef with paper towels and working in batches, add the beef (do not crowd the pan, or the meat will steam and not brown) and cook, without stirring, until nicely browned on one side, then use tongs to turn the pieces over and brown on another.
- Add garlic to the pot with the beef and sauté 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the beef stock, water, Guinness, red wine, tomato paste, sugar, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaves. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to the lowest setting, then cover and cook at a bare simmer for 2 hours stirring occasionally..
- While the pot of meat and stock is simmering, melt the butter in another pot over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots. Sauté the onions and carrots until the onions are golden, about 15 minutes. Set aside until the beef stew in step 2 has simmered for two hours.
- Add the onions, carrots, and the potatoes. Salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered until vegetables and beef are very tender, about 40 minutes- an hour. Discard the bay leaves. Tilt pan and spoon off any excess fat. Transfer stew to serving bowl. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and serve. Simply restaurants.com.