Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich. Basil-Tomato Grilled Cheese Recipe photo by Taste of Home. An excellent way to use fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden. I used ciabatta bread, which made them pretty tall, so I would recommend a panini press or George Foreman grill if you have one to keep the ingredients together.
By making an open-faced grilled cheese and adding fresh tomatoes that have been. This grilled cheese with tomato is one of the best grilled cheese recipes out there, featuring roasted tomatoes, tomato mayo, basil, and melty mozzarella. Grilled sandwiches are a must when the weather dips below freezing, and you know that there is nothing more comforting and satisfying than a vegan grilled tomato basil cheese sandwich to make the harshness of winter a little softer. You can have Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich
- It’s 4 slices of sandwich bread (any I used brown bread).
- It’s 1 of ripe large tomato.
- Prepare 1 sprig of fresh basil.
- You need 1 of little bit of cheddar and cream cheese.
- You need To taste of pepper & salt.
- Prepare of Some jalapenos (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of softened Butter.
It's really a necessity at this time of year. Salty bacon, juicy tomatoes and flavourful basil take this grilled cheese to a whole other level. How is it that the entire month of April nearly passed by without me knowing that April is Grilled Cheese Sandwich Month? Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices.
Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich step by step
- First of all slice your tomatoes and put them aside.
- When done, apply butter on both sides of the breads and once done flip the sides from which the buttered side is facing down this is called "buttered side down".
- Then add on your cheeses, tomatoes, basil, jalapenos, salt and pepper at the end. Close your sandwich with the other bread slice with buttered side up and grill it on grill pan until cheese melts(turning the sides continuously).
- Finally take the sanwiches of grill pan, place on plate, cut triangles and serve!!!.
One of the best breakfast or lunch. These sandwiches were cooked on a grill, but a skillet would work just as well. Choose your favorite kind of cheese. We prefer a variety that melts easily, such as Gouda or Swiss, but cheddar Arrange tomato slices over cheese, cutting slices in half to fit if necessary. This grilled cheese sandwich version is quick and easy to prepare.