Sweet and sour chicken. Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. Something about woks and cooking with pineapple make it intimidating for most, but it is so much easier to make than you would think. Of the classic Chinese Recipes that most people ask for on my.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce. Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Chicken. Chicken – use boneless skinless chicken thighs for the best flavor, or chicken breasts for a lighter option. You can cook Sweet and sour chicken using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour chicken
- You need 1 lb of chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of distilled vineger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe. For the best sweet and sour chicken, please following my cooking tips below: The combination of plum sauce, Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce and Chinese rice vinegar make the sauce tastes like the best Chinese restaurants. Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried. My husband and I thought it was delicious.
Sweet and sour chicken instructions
- Place the chicken, corn starch, salt, pepper and garlic salt in a large ziplock bag and shake until the chicken is evenly coated..
- Heat 1/2 cup canola oil in a large frying pan over medium heat..
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and place in the frying pan with a fork..
- Fry both sides of the chicken for about 2 minutes a piece or until golden brown..
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place chicken on the pan..
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F..
- In a medium size bowl whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce (sugar, ketchup, garlic salt, Distilled vinegar, soy sauce).
- Next you'll pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for 10 minutes..
- Pull the chicken out and flip the chicken to evenly coat it with sauce. Then bake for an additional 5-10 minutes..
- Broil for 5 minutes so that it can crisp up a little. Serve with steamed rice and veggies.Enjoy.
One comment about the directions: the This recipe is authentic and tastes very similar to the restaraunt style sweet & sour chicken. I probably will not make it again though because of the. Restaurant style sweet and sour chicken. You can also make this with pork or shrimp. This takes some time in preparation but you can also use frozen chicken.