Grilled eggplant puree and tahini – baba ghannouj. The most important part of this dish is roasting the eggplant. You can do this on a gas stove-it makes a mess, but the flavor can't be beat. Other options are on a grill, under a broiler, or in a hot oven.
In a food processor, blend together the eggplant, crushed garlic, tahini, lemon juice and salt. See great recipes for Baba ghannouj too! By using our services, you agree to. You can cook Grilled eggplant puree and tahini – baba ghannouj using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled eggplant puree and tahini – baba ghannouj
- It’s 2 of large eggplants.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tahini, sesame paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of – For garnishing:.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds, optional.
A rich puree of chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, fresh garlic and salt. These are the remaining ingredients needed to make baba ganoush. I like to mix them together early on since the mixture improves in flavor over time. Char grill eggplants over a direct flame or roast in the oven until skin has blackened.
Grilled eggplant puree and tahini – baba ghannouj step by step
- Cut the eggplants in half (lengthwise) and place on a broiler pan (cut side down)..
- Put under a broiler until the outside skin is charred black and the pulp inside soft. You can test for its readiness by inserting a knife or fork to see if it passes through easily..
- Once it is cooked you can easily peel off the skin. Discard the skin..
- Place the eggplant pulp in a bowl and let it cool for 1 hr in the refrigerator. After cooling, some water might sweat out of the eggplant pulp; discard the extra liquid before using..
- In a food processor, blend together the eggplant, crushed garlic, tahini, lemon juice and salt. Make sure to have the processor on slow mix..
- Adjust salt, lemon or tahini according to taste..
- Serve in a shallow dish with a drizzle of olive oil and pita bread..
- Garnish with chopped parsley or fresh pomegranate seeds..
Set aside in a bowl covered with plastic wrap until cool enough to handle, then peel carefully. To remove the bitter flavoured juices from the eggplants, squeeze the flesh/pulp until most of the juices have been drained. * SUBTITLES AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH * The Lebanese eggplant and tahini dip – commonly referred to as Baba Ganoush – is a DELICIOUS appetizer with an amazing array of flavors. Place the grilled eggplant in a colander in the sink, and allow to cool and drain. Puree the eggplant in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the lemon juice, yogurt and tahini.