Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk. Season Your Chicken And Vegetables With McCormick® Farmers Market Chicken Seasoning. I love using the Miracle Thaw Defrost tray, which helps thaw frozen foods by cutting the defrosting time in half. I love grilling tawook outdoors during the summertime but, I do also grill it on my indoor grill pan throughout the year.
It is usually served with garlic cream. The Lebanese favorite way of having chicken! Who could resist these beautifully grilled cubes of chicken known as Lebanese Shish Taouk? You can cook Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk
- It’s 1 kg of chicken breasts, cut in medium cubes.
- Prepare of – For the marinade:.
- You need 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 10 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of 7 spices.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
Marinated in yogurt, lemon juice, tomato puree, loads of garlic and exotic spices, this is one excellent chicken shish taouk recipe. Shish Tawook or Shish Taouk is a popular Middle Eastern chicken recipe which is found at most fast food restaurants in the Middle East. The name Shish Tawook quite literally translates to grilled chicken on skewers. See great recipes for Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk too!
Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk step by step
- To prepare the marinade, mix the ketchup and mayonnaise in a deep bowl. Add the lemon juice and stir well so the mixture does not clot..
- Add in the crushed garlic, thyme, 7 spices, black pepper, paprika, and salt. Mix well. Gradually add the vegetable oil while stirring..
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, mix well and let them marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hr..
- Preheat the oven on medium heat, transfer the chicken cubes with their marinade to an oven tray and put it in the oven for 30 to 45 min or until the chicken is well done and the sauce thickens..
- Serve with garlic cream and fried potatoes..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'garlic cream' in this application..
It can also be served in a plate with a side of rice and grilled veggies. In its most basic form, Shish Tawook is just grilled chicken breast, but the secret is in the marination. The Shish Tawook, also called Shish Taouk or Shish Tavuk (from the Arabic Shish=skewer, and the Turkic Tavuk=chicken), are classic chicken skewers, very famous into the Middle Eastern regions, with some variations depending on the local cuisines. Thanks to the popularity of the Lebanese restaurants, these skewers are particularly known seasoned and paired with spices. Shish Taouk is Grilled Chicken Kebab.