Leftover Corned Beef & Cabbage Grilled Sandwich. Check Out Corned Beef Leftovers On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! A platter of corned beef is a must on St.
The hash cooks with black beans and spices, then hits flour tortillas with salsa, sour cream, and cheese. "I never would have thought to use corned beef hash this way," says reviewer Paula. Patty's Day festivities are over, you may find yourself with a plateful of leftover corned beef. Don't let it go to waste! You can have Leftover Corned Beef & Cabbage Grilled Sandwich using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leftover Corned Beef & Cabbage Grilled Sandwich
- You need A few of slices leftover cooked corned beef – chopped.
- It’s 1 of wedge leftover boiled cabbage – chopped.
- It’s 2 oz of (about) freshly shredded swiss cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of (again, about lol) thousand island dressing.
- You need 4 slices of bread, your choice (all I had on hand was whole wheat).
- It’s 2 tbs of unsalted butter – softened.
Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup – Nothing better than soup if it's still chilly where you live. Corned Beef and Spinach Strata – I totally love this idea over having the same old hash! Patrick's Day is turning the leftover meat and boiled potatoes into homemade corned beef hash. But there are plenty of other.
Leftover Corned Beef & Cabbage Grilled Sandwich instructions
- First you need to get some of the excess moisture out of the cabbage since we'll be adding some with the dressing. Heat a 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot add corned beef and cabbage. Cook until most of the moisture has evaporated stirring often, just a few minutes..
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and let cool about 10 minutes. Stir in shredded swiss and dressing until combined. Rinse and dry skillet and heat over medium-low. While heating spread 1/2 tbs butter on one side of each slice of bread..
- I find it works best to cook one sammich at a time, so place one slice of bread butter side down in skillet. Spoon about half the filling over bread slice in skillet. Top with second slice of bread, butter side up..
- When bottom slice is browned (about 4-5 min) flip, gently press down on top with spatula, cover skillet to ensure everything gets melty while the second side browns (another few minutes)..
- Transfer to a plate, let rest a few minutes. Cut to serve if desired. Enjoy!.
If you only have a little bit of corned beef leftover, stuffed baked potatoes are a super- smart and easy way to stretch the meat into another meal. Just like the classic sandwich, you'll load up your potato with plenty of sauerkraut, corned beef, Swiss cheese, chopped pickles, and thousand island dressing. This corned beef hash takes advantage of the leftovers from a corned beef and cabbage dinner, and it is extremely versatile. Leave the cabbage and carrots out and use more potato and beef, or add extra cabbage with less potato. This hash would also be delicious with leftover roast beef, ham, or roast pork.