Grilled rice in banana leaves #Asia food. Banana leaves have a strong side and a fragile side – keep this in mind. Take two of the banana leaf pieces, with the white dull side up (green shiny side down), and give the leaves a quick wipe with a wet cloth. Prepare your banana leaves, you are going to roll all of the rice in those banana leaves like you roll a sushi, so adjust the measurement as you like.
Roll banana leaf closed, fold ends over, and tie each end closed with a. Great recipe for Grilled rice in banana leaves #Asia food. It's easy to get banana leaves here cz i have banana trees in my garden. You can cook Grilled rice in banana leaves #Asia food using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled rice in banana leaves #Asia food
- You need 4 scoop of cooked rice.
- It’s 8 leaves of Banana.
- It’s 200 gr of Steamed fish/boiled chicken.
- It’s 1 of cayenne pepper (chopped).
- You need 3 of red chili pepper.
- You need 4 of onions (chopped).
- Prepare 9 of red onions (chopped).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Buillon powder.
- It’s of Sugar.
- Prepare 8 of Toothpicks.
- You need 3 of long beans.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 4 leaves of lemon basil/kemangi leaves.
- Prepare 1 of laos galanga.
- Prepare 2 of candlenut.
- You need 4 of quaill eggs (boiled).
- It’s of Frying oil.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need 2 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 slices of cucumbar.
- You need 4 of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Serundeng/fried coconut flakes (optional).
As Indonesian, we usually use banana leaves as plates. It's not hard to find foods with banana leaves as a. Banana leaves are widely used for cooking and serving food in Asia, Africa and South America. Before the joys of modern refrigeration were discovered, people in tropical countries used to cook and wrap food in banana leaves to prevent them from spoiling.
Grilled rice in banana leaves #Asia food step by step
- Break apart the boiled chicken or fish u have, into small bite size with your hands or a fork..
- This is how the ingredients look alike.
- Cut banana leaves into 2 sizes: 20 cm and 15 cm in width (approximately).
- Heat pan with about 2 tbsp oil in a medium heat then add 2 chopped garlic, stir fry until fragnant then add 4 chopped red onion and cayenne pepper. Then add boiled fish or chicken n add 1/2 part of small laos galangal and 1 candlenut. Stir fry it then add a pinch of salt n pepper, a pinch of sugar, a pinch of buillon powder and about 1/2 tsp black soy sauce. Stir fry it n Test taste..
- In another pan, stir fry chopped 2 garlic, chopped 5 red onions, 1/2 part of small laos galangal, chopped carrot and chopped long beans then Stir fry at abot 30second then add about 1 liter of water. Rest for about 1 minute. Then set aside.
- Prepare the sambal. Fry tomatoes, candlenut n cayenne pepper for 30 second then Blend tomatoes, 1 candlenut, 2 cayenne pepper, a pinch of salt n sugar. Then set aside. Btw i use stone here not blender lol.
- Take 2 banana leaves, each 20 cm and 15 cm wide and lay them flat on the table Put the smaller leave on top of the bigger leave.
- Next, add 1 to 2 tbsp of fish or chicken on top of the rice then add chopped beans n carrot, quaill egg, add serundeng(fry coconut flakes) if u have,add sliced cucumbar n sambal, add kemangi/lemon basil..
- Fold the left side of the banana leaves and bring to the center. Then fold the right side of the banana leaves on top of the left side, make sure the parcel is fold tightly. Secure the top side of the folded banana leaves with a tooth pick. And secure the other side of the folded banana leaves with same technique..
- Grill it!! I grill it on stove lol. For about 10 minutes. Dont forget to make every side grilled.
- Best serve warm/hot.
There is a reason for steaming, boiling, frying, baking or grilling foods in banana leaves as well. Spread with a large spoonful of rice and top with half of the prawn curry. Roll into a parcel and secure with a bamboo skewer. Wrap each banana leaf like a package and tie with a small banana leaf strip or secure with toothpicks. Place the banana leaves on a low-heated grill, making sure that the seal is up.