Thai Pulled Pork Sliders.
You can have Thai Pulled Pork Sliders using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Pulled Pork Sliders
- It’s 1/3 cup of Thai Red Curry Paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Asian Fish Sauce.
- It’s 6 Tbsp. of finely grated palm sugar or dark brown sugar.
- You need 4 pound of boneless pork shoulder roast (with some fat).
- It’s of Kosher salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped cilantro stems.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 of large shallots, halved.
- Prepare 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 1 of Thai bird chile.
- You need 1 stalk of fresh lemongrass, inner light green and white parts only, cut into 3 pieces.
- Prepare 1 (1/2 inch) of piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced.
- It’s 24 of cardamom seeds.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of unsweetened coconut milk (chilled).
- It’s 1/3 cup of chicken or low sodium broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of each of finely chopped : cilantro, thai basil and mint leaves.
- Prepare of Mayonnaise, for spreading.
- You need 10 of small brioche buns, split and toasted.
- You need of Thinly sliced Cucumber, red onion, cilantro, thai basil and lime wedges for serving.
Thai Pulled Pork Sliders step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small skillet, simmer the curry paste with the fish sauce and 1/4 cup of the palm sugar over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved and a smooth paste forms. Let cool slightly..
- Season the pork with salt and rub it all over the curry paste. Set the pork in a large enameled cast-iron casserole. Cover and roast, basting occasionally with the pan juices, until the meat is very tender about 3 1/2 hrs. Uncover and roast until a golden-brown crust forms, about 15 extra minutes..
- Transfer the pork to a large bowl and let rest for 15 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the meat. Skim the fat from the pan juices, then stir the juices into the shredded pork. Cover with foil and keep warm..
- Make a large double layer of foil. Wrap the cilantro stems, garlic, shallots, kaffir lime leaves, thai chile, lemongrass, ginger, cardamom seeds and turmeric in the foil and seal the sides. Set the packet seam side up directly on a burner or in a cast-iron skillet. Cook over moderate heat until aromatic and beginning to smoke, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the packet to a rack; let cool slightly. The cilantro stems should be tender and the ingredients on the bottom should be lightly charred..
- Scrape the contents of the packet into a food processor. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of palm sugar and process to a smooth paste..
- Spoon the coconut milk into a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over moderately high heat and whisk in the cilantro paste. Whisk in the coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Stir in the pulled pork and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm..
- Spread the mayonnaise on the buns and top with the pulled pork, Cucumber, red onion, cilantro and basil leaves. Serve with lime wedges..