Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce.
You can have Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce
- Prepare of Gyro Meat.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground lamb.
- Prepare 1/2 of large sweet onion finely grated.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves finely grated.
- It’s 1 tbsp of za'atar.
- You need 2 tsp of Montreal seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need of Tzatziki Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried dill.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed mint leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of cucumber seeded, grated and drained.
Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce instructions
- Mix all gyro meat ingredients together in large mixing bowl and let sit overnight. If you don't have or like Montreal seasoning use salt and pepper to your taste. I just happen to prefer Montreal seasoning over plan salt and pepper on red meat..
- Blitz the meat mixture in a food processor to get to a fine consistency. I had to do it in 4 batches in my processor. Once it's all done press into a well greased meatloaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight..
- Steps 1 and 2 can all be all in one day. I just took the approach of letting the meat marinade and also resting to firm up after blitzing. Chili always tastes better the next day so why not gyro meat..
- Mix all the ingredients together for the Tzatziki sauce except the cucumber. Let sit overnight to allow the dried spices rehydrate a bit and flavor the yogurt. Don't over do the seasoning at the beginning because the flavors will intensify, if to strong more yogurt can be added..
- Pre heat the oven to 400°. Add the grated and drained cucumber to the tzatziki sauce..
- Bake the gyro meat covered for 15 minutes then uncover and bake for another hour. Keep an eye on it to make sure the meat doesn't get too much color, recover if needed to finishing cooking..
- Drain the fat off and let the gyro meat rest for a few minutes. Stand on a cutting board lengthwise and shave off what you're going to eat right away..
- Serve on homemade pitas with the tzatziki sauce and spinach pie on the side!.