Italian Dirty Rice.
You can cook Italian Dirty Rice using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Dirty Rice
- You need 5 cups of cooked rice, cold.
- Prepare 2 lbs of bulk Italian sausage.
- You need 1 of lg. Onion, diced.
- It’s 3 of celery ribs with leaves, diced.
- It’s of I bell pepper (whatever you have), diced.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of kalamata olives, drained & diced.
- It’s 1 can of artichoke hearts, diced.
- You need 1/2 pkg. of pepperoni slices, cut in half.
- You need 1-2 cup of canned tomatoes.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
Italian Dirty Rice step by step
- Cook 2 1/2 cups rice in chicken stock according to directions. Once done spread on sheet to cool. You can use leftover rice if you are lucky to have it!.
- While rice is cooling. Break up and brown the Italian sausage. Once done, remove from the pan and set aside..
- Drain excess fat from pan. Add in the onion, celery, pepper to sauté until tender. Then add in the spices. Stir to combine..
- Stir in the garlic to combine. Add the sausage back in..
- Add in the olives, artichoke hearts, pepperoni, and tomatoes. Stir to combine..
- Next add in the cold rice. Stir to combine..
- If need you can add in a little more stock. Enjoy..