Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus. Great recipe for Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus. We had a couple very nice days so I busted out the bbq. Served with bacon cheddar mashed potatoes.
Served with bacon cheddar mashed potatoes. Red Wine Steak Marinade is the perfect steak marinade recipe to use with all your steak when grilling if you love red wine! It adds a subtle hint of red wine flavor without being overpowering. You can have Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus
- You need of For the steak.
- Prepare 3 of 10 – 12 Oz NY steaks.
- It’s 3 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 of medium sweet onion, sliced thin.
- You need 12 Oz of shitake mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s of For the marinade.
- You need 1 cup of red wine like burgundy or cabernet.
- It’s 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbs of black pepper.
- You need Pinch of sea salt.
- You need of For the asparagus.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of asparagus.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of steak seasoning.
- It’s of Garnishes.
- It’s of Steak sauce.
- Prepare of Horseradish.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Au jus.
It's easy, delicious and makes the perfect juicy steak! Prepare the Vanilla-Cabernet Butter: Combine dry red wine, sweet red wine, vanilla bean, and shallot in a small saucepan over high. Take the steaks out of the marinade and dry off with a paper towels. Let steaks come to room temperature before putting them on the grill.
Brad's red wine NY steaks with grilled asparagus instructions
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a LG bowl. Add steaks and marinade a couple hours. Turn fairly often..
- Cut the tough ends off of the asparagus. I like to use thicker spears to handle the grilling better. Mix with rest of asparagus ingredients and let sit..
- Melt butter in a LG frying pan. Carmelize onion and mushrooms over medium low heat. Stir often..
- Preheat and clean grill. Grill steaks and asparagus over medium high heat until asparagus is tender and steaks are at desired doneness. I always cook rare. The first time you flip steaks pour a little marinade over them.
- When steaks are done, plate. Top with a little steak sauce, then onion and mushrooms. Top with cheese. Use other desired garnish. Serve with asparagus and bacon cheddar mashed potatoes. Enjoy..
Season the steaks with remaining salt and pepper. Place steaks on the hottest part of the grill until grill marks form. Try this NY strip steak grilled to perfection with fried potatoes, in-season asparagus, and shiitake mushrooms. Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, stir together mustard, lemon juice, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.