Tuna Patty Grilled Cheese. Beat eggs and lemon juice in a bowl; stir in Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs to make a paste. Fold in tuna and onion until well-mixed. Add a bit of olive oil, swirl to coat.
You can use cracker crumbs instead of breadcrumbs. It's just to soak up some moisture. The patties can be made earlier and set in the fridge. You can have Tuna Patty Grilled Cheese using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna Patty Grilled Cheese
- Prepare of ~For the patties.
- It’s 2 cans of tuna in oil – partially drained.
- You need 3/4 cup of plain bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 of eggs – beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- You need of ~Other (total quantity depends on how many you make).
- It’s of Bread (2 slices per serving).
- Prepare of Cheese (2 slices per serving).
- You need of Unsalted butter – softened.
I've never frozen them, so you'll need to do your own experimentation for that! You can cook these in a George Foreman grill, or. Add the tuna, celery, onion, garlic powder, salt, lemon juice, and mayonnaise to a bowl and stir to combine well. Place a good amount of tuna mix onto one slice of bread and add the cheese on top.
Tuna Patty Grilled Cheese step by step
- Place all ingredients for the patties in a medium bowl. Stir together with a fork until well combined. Form mixture into four equal patties about 3" in diameter..
- Heat a 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a bit of olive oil, swirl to coat. Place patties in skillet. Cook first side until browned. Flip. Cook second side until browned. Took about 4 minutes per side for me..
- While patties are cooking butter one side of each slice of bread you will be using. When patties are done transfer to a plate and set aside. Carefully wipe out skillet with a clean paper towel and return to heat..
- Add one slice of bread to skillet, buttered side down. Layer one slice of cheese, one tuna patty, one more slice of cheese, then second slice of bread buttered side up..
- When first side is browned to your liking flip. Gently press down with spatula to squish sandwich together. Cook until second side is browned to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Repeat process with remaining patties to make up to 4 sandwiches. Enjoy!.
In a small bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise and green onions. Free carb counter and keto diet tracker for the low carb and ketogenic diet. Track exercise, weight, ketones, blood glucose, and body measurements. Access keto meal plans and articles. The Secrets to the Best Damn Grilled Tuna and Cheese Sandwich.