Sour Cream Cucumber Salad. Cucumber salad with sour cream is the perfect summer dish. —Pamela Eaton, Monclova, Ohio. It's been a tradition at our house to serve this cucumber onion salad with the other Hungarian specialties my mom learned to make from the women at church. The Best Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe With Sour Cream and Dill – The best easy, creamy cucumber salad recipe ever!
Serve the cucumbers as is or on mixed greens, watercress, or chopped lettuce for a refreshing and tasty side dish that is excellent with a summer meal. Sour Cream & Dill Cucumber Salad. The Secret to a Crisp (Not Soggy!) This simple salad will please everyone in your crowd. You can have Sour Cream Cucumber Salad using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sour Cream Cucumber Salad
- It’s 3 of medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of finely chopped green onions.
- You need 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- It’s 1 dash of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
It's cool, creamy, and crisp all at once — a must for hot summer days. But too often, water in vegetable-based salads leaches out into the dressing as the salad sits. Cucumber Salad is a total classic! This particular recipe is heavily rooted in my German ancestry where they call it Gurkensalat.
Sour Cream Cucumber Salad step by step
- Sprinkle the cucumbers with salt..
- Let stand 15 minutes. I usually put them in a colander so they can drain. Drain any excess liquid..
- Add onions, vinegar and pepper..
- Shortly before serving stir in sour cream..
It's a popular side dish A creamy version would have a sauce made with sour cream, dill, garlic, sugar, and a little vinegar. Both vinegar and creamy versions can also be. Refreshing creamy cucumber salad is made with sour cream, vinegar and dill. The combination of cucumbers and sour cream is a classic one. And when you add vinegar and dill, you get a wonderfully flavorful salad that goes nicely with a wide variety of meals.