Grilled Avocado Bombs. Keto Friendly Avocado Beef Bombs Recipe Instructions. First, we cut all the avocados in halves and removed the pit of each. Then we peeled the avocado skins off of each half.
These burger bombs are actually pretty simple and fun to make. The basic idea is to stuff a whole (pitted) avocado with cheese, then wrap it with ground beef and bacon, and grill it to perfection. The result is a melted cheesy meaty burger bomb sure to satisfy your keto appetite. You can have Grilled Avocado Bombs using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Avocado Bombs
- You need 3 of avocados.
- You need 3 of chunks of cheese (your choice I used cheddar).
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 15 strips of bacon.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of BBQ sauce.
- It’s of Soaked wood chips for smoking.
Heat broiler and line a small baking sheet with foil. Slice each avocado in half and remove the pits. Peel the skin off of each avocado. Fill two of the halves with cheese, then replace with the.
Grilled Avocado Bombs step by step
- Half the avocados and remove the pits and skins. I found the best way to get the flesh out of the skin in one pice is to use a large spoon..
- Chunk your cheese so the pice fits into the avocado's pit hole. Put the halves back together with the cheese inside..
- Season your ground beef, I used salt and pepper. Portion into thirds..
- Lay out the beef in a thin patty. Lay the avocado down and fully wrap it in the beef. It takes a little work and a soft touch, but eventually you have a sealed meatball..
- Wrap the bacon around the ball in alternating directions. I used about 5 strips per ball don't use too much because the inner bacon will stay soggy. We want the bacon to crisp up..
- Set your grill for indirect heat ******very important**** if you have fire under your balls it will flair up. There is a lot of grease coming off these so be careful..
- Add your wood chips smoking for about 35min about 300 degrees.
- After about 35 min brush on the BBQ sauce every 10min or so until done..
Great recipe for Grilled Avocado Bombs. Looking for new recipes I came across this idea online. The original used meatloaf and had an egg inside, when I tried it it was a huge mess. I simplified it a little and changed the egg to cheese. Cut your cheese to be the same size as the avocado stone.