Grandma's Sweet and Sour Carrots.
You can have Grandma's Sweet and Sour Carrots using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grandma's Sweet and Sour Carrots
- You need 2 lb of baby carrots.
- You need 1 of green pepper, sliced in strips.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced in rings.
- Prepare of marinade.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato soup.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of each salt, pepper, dry mustard.
Grandma's Sweet and Sour Carrots instructions
- Put Carrots in a sauce pan with just enough water to cover them..
- Boil until crisp tender..
- In another pan, add all marinade ingredients and bring to a rolling boil..
- When carrots are cooked, drain water and place in serving bowl..
- Pour hot marinade over hot carrots..
- Allow to cool to room temperature then add raw green peppers and onions..
- Marinate in refrigerator at least over night but it tastes better the longer it sits..