Spicy Schezwan Noodles. One of my favorite noodles in Sichuan cuisine is Dan Dan Noodles. But sometimes, I just love the plain Sichuan Cold Spicy Noodles. Sichuan food is famous for its spicy and numbing flavors and I am addicted to it.
Schezwan noodles recipe with steps to make your own instant schezwan sauce. Schezwan noodles is an immensely popular Indo chinese dish served in Indian Chinese restaurants. These are the most flavorful, spicy & hot noodles made using Szechuan sauce. You can have Spicy Schezwan Noodles using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Schezwan Noodles
- You need 1 teaspoon of Schezwan sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of green chilly sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato sauce or ketchup.
- It’s of Hakka noodles 1- 2 cakes.
- You need 1/2 of capsicum diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion(diced into cubes).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of crushed or finely chopped ginger garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of diced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced carrot.
- It’s 1 cup of french beans(diced into medium slice).
- It’s 1-2 of spring onions finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper powder.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoon of Sesame Oil or any vegetable oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Crushed red chill powder (optional).
- You need 1/2 of potato / french fries (optional).
In this post I have also shared how to make your own sauce for this recipe. How to make Dan Dan Noodles. Unlike most noodles like everybody's favourite Lo Mein and Chow Mein noodles, Dan Dan Noodles aren't tossed together with sauce and all the "stuff". Instead, it's layered as follows: Dan Dan Sauce in first – the savoury, Five Spiced sesame sauce with a slick of the signature chilli oil that you know and love about spicy Sichuan noodles!
Spicy Schezwan Noodles instructions
- Cook the Hakka noodles as per the instructions on the package. Drain the water and keep it aside..
- On a large frying pan or wok, add few tablespoons of roasted sesame oil and wait till the oil becomes hot..
- Add crusted ginger garlic and sauté till it is roasted well. To this add the Schezwan sauce and chopped onion and sauté it till onion is fried well or it becomes translucent.
- Add the rest the chopped vegetables (except the spring onions) and sauté thr veggies on high heat. Wait till the veggies are sautéd well and turn the heat to low. Cover the pan and cook for few minutes until the vegetables are almost cooked but still slightly crunchy. Make sure not to over cook the vegetables..
- Next add all the sauces – soy sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce, pepper powder,salt to taste and sugar. Sauté everything well..
- Next, add the cooked noodles and mixed everything very well. You can add crunched red chilli powder for a spicy version. This is optional..
- Finally add the chopped spring onion and turn of the heat..
Both these noodles are dishes from China but they are made in different regions of China is slightly different way. Schezwan is a slightly spicier way of making dishes and they use a lot of red chilli, garlic and peppercorns in their recipes. Schezwan noodles recipe with step by step photos – Spicy and tasty stir fried vegetable noodles with schezwan sauce. This noodles is Indo Chinese adaptation of the Schezwan Noodles and taste absolutely. This spicy Asian inspired dish is absolutely delicious.