Keto Breaded Chicken Cutlets. To cut it, slice a large cut in half, lengthways, then lightly pound the slices with a mallet. Ghee or avocado oil. lemon wedges, for serving. If you want to enjoy breaded chicken, but are on a keto diet, this Keto Baked Breaded Chicken Breast recipe will surely satisfy.
This Super Low Carb Gluten Free Southern Style Breaded Chicken Breast comes to you from Jen of From My Side of the Kitchen. With her ingenious blend of pork rinds, cheese, and spices you will never miss traditional breaded chicken breast again. I can't wait to try this in chicken parm and sliced on top of a crisp salad. You can cook Keto Breaded Chicken Cutlets using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto Breaded Chicken Cutlets
- You need 1 pounds of thinly sliced chicken breast.
- It’s of Kosher salt.
- It’s 1 1/3 cups of almond flour.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan.
- Prepare 1 teaspoons of paprika.
- You need 1/3 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s of Ghee or avocado oil, for frying.
- You need of Lemon wedges, for serving.
If you are following some kind of low-carb diet or keto diet, chances are you probably miss eating breaded fried stuff. I'm sure you do just like I did too. The good news is, making keto chicken cutlets is just about as easy as making the classic version. With that being said, let's get cooking!
Keto Breaded Chicken Cutlets instructions
- If any of the chicken slices are thicker than 1/4 inch, pound them out one at a time between 2 sheets of plastic wrap with a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/4 inch..
- Lay out the chicken on a baking sheet or plate and sprinkle all over with salt and just enough of the almond flour to lightly coat both sides..
- Beat the eggs in a wide shallow bowl. In another wide, shallow bowl, mix the remaining almond flour with the Parmesan, paprika and garlic powder..
- Dip 1 to 2 slices of chicken in the eggs to coat. Let the excess drip off, then coat thoroughly in the almond flour-Parmesan mixture. Return to the baking sheet or plate and repeat with the remaining chicken..
- Heat 1/4 inch of ghee or avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add half the chicken and cook until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the other side, another 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with the remaining chicken, adding more ghee or oil if needed. Serve with lemon wedges..
Repeat the same for the remaining chicken cutlets. Keep in mind, if you want to lower the calories, you can always use less chicken, and less oil! Low Carb Chicken Schnitzel Chicken Cutlets is a very popular dish in Israel and Jewish households. When I went to the High School in Israel, we ate chicken schnitzel all the time. You will find it in all the Israeli restaurants and very often it is served inside pita bread.