Baked Chocolate Cake for Valentine's Day.
You can have Baked Chocolate Cake for Valentine's Day using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Chocolate Cake for Valentine's Day
- Prepare 150 grams of Chocolate.
- Prepare 50 grams of Unsalted butter (or margarine for baking).
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 35 grams of Sugar (granulated).
- It’s 150 ml of Heavy cream (vegetable based cream is OK).
- You need 9 grams of Plain flour.
- Prepare 25 grams of Cocoa powder (I use Van Hoten).
- Prepare 1 of Brandy or rum (optional).
Baked Chocolate Cake for Valentine's Day step by step
- Chop the chocolate finely. Put the butter in a heatproof dish and microwave to melt. Add the chopped chocolate to the dish and stir well..
- Microwave to melt the chocolate. Do not overheat and stir in 30 second increments until smooth..
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Put the cream into the same heatproof dish and microwave to about body temperature. You don't need to wash a lot of dishes. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Add sugar to the chocolate mixture and stir well. Add the beaten eggs little by little and stir constantly with a balloon whisk..
- Add the warmed cream and stir well. Add brandy or rum if you like..
- Mix the flour and cocoa powder and sift into the bowl. Stir well with a balloon whisk..
- Pour the batter into a cake tin lined with baking paper and bake at 160°C for about 30 minutes..
- After baking, drop the tin on a hard surface. If you don't have a flat surface, evenly press down on the surface of the cake gently..
- Just after baking, the cake is very soft, so do not try to remove the cake from the tin. After it has cooled down and chilled in the fridge, remove it..
- After it has chilled, slice the cake. If you let the cake rest overnight, it will be richer. Decorate your cake with icing sugar..
- How to decorate: Cut out your favorite shapes in paper to make stencils with a hole puncher. Sprinkle powdered sugar to decorate You can draw letters or illustrations with a chocolate pen..
- You can slice the cake into sticks. You also can cut out with a heart-shaped cutter or other shapes..
- I used this baking chocolate sold in the supermarket. 1 packet is 150 g, so you'll have the exact amount you need. Of course, you can use normal chocolate bars..
- You can use paper cups..
- This cake was baked in a poundcake tin You can make 2 with these ingredients! You can make one if you halve the quantity. It will be gooey and moist..