Paella. Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes, and rice. Combine the paprika and oregano in a small bowl. Heat oil in a paella pan over medium-high heat.
To round out the meal, choose a good Spanish red wine from the Rioja region, grab a crusty. Paella is a Spanish dish traditionally made with rice, saffron, a variety of meat and shellfish, garlic, onions, peas, tomatoes and other vegetables. It's named for the wide, shallow pan it's cooked in, but I cook mine on the stovetop with delicious results. You can cook Paella using 12 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paella
- Prepare 375 grams of chicken.
- It’s 250 grams of rabbit.
- Prepare 400 grams of rice with high amount of starch.
- It’s 250 grams of French green beans, clean and chopped in 2 cm. pieces.
- It’s 150 grams of artichokes, clean and cut into quarters.
- It’s 100 grams of grated tomato.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 liter of water.
- You need 10 of strands of saffron.
- Prepare 1 of enough olive oil.
- It’s 1 of enough salt.
- It’s 1 of strips of roasted red pepper, for garnish.
Les ingrédients de base de la paella sont le riz et le safran. Ensuite, elle peut être à base de viandes blanches, de volaille, de lapin, ou encore de poisson ou de fruits de mer comme le calamar, moules, gambas. Incontournable de la cuisine espagnole, elle peut offrir de multiples combinaisons. Paella (/ p aɪ ˈ ɛ l ə / py-EL-ə, Valencian: , Spanish: ) is a Spanish rice dish originally from Valencia.
Paella step by step
- Chop the chicken and the rabbit. Add some salt..
- Pour the oil in the pan and heat it..
- When the oil is hot, saute the meat until it gets a bit brown..
- Add the French green beans. In this point you can add the red pepper if it's raw..
- Add the artichokes and saute all. Add some salt again..
- Add the chopped garlic. Be careful it doesn't get burnt..
- Add the grated tomato, stir it and saute until it is almost evaporated..
- Wrap the saffron in foil and place it very close to the fire for 10 seconds..
- Add the water to the paella..
- Give high heat to the paella until it boils. Then give medium heat to the paella until all ingredients are cooked (from 30 to 45 minutes). It depends mostly on the tenderness of the meat..
- Taste the paella and rectify the salt if needed. Add the saffron..
- Reserve some broth for later, like 1/2 liter..
- Increase the intensity of the heat and add the rice..
- Spread the rice on the pan so that it is well distributed. Don't stir or touch it since this moment..
- Maintain high heat for 10 minutes..
- Gradually lower the heat for 10 minutes. If you need some broth, add it from the one you reserved before. If you don't have broth, add some water with a pinch of salt..
- Take the paella out of the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes..
- If the rice needs a bit more cook, cover it with foil while it is resting..
- Now you can eat it..
Paella is one of the best-known dishes in Spanish cuisine. For this reason, it may be seen internationally as Spain's national dish, but Spaniards almost unanimously consider it to be a dish from the Valencian region; those who live there, in turn, regard paella as one of their. For a better version of this recipe try searching for Jambalaya, and for authentic Paella, look for a recipe with seafood and saffron. We are the UK's number one food brand. Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help.