Asian Meatballs & Fresh Bok choy. Browse Our Official Site For Tasty Meatballs Recipes! The meatballs themselves are very well seasoned and just delicious. And the Asian-style glaze is marvelous – sticky, just a little sweet, and very, very flavorful.
In a large bowl, mix together meatball ingredients until well-combined. Asian Meatball Recipe Stove Top Version: In a large dutch oven, heat hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Asian Meatballs "My mom creates her own recipes for wonderful Asian-inspired menus, so I came up with these pork sausage meatballs and dipping sauce to complement her meals." —Amanda Kotlan, Spokane, Washington This Asian Meatballs Recipe fits in very nicely with all of the others as it is simple and and full of flavor. You can cook Asian Meatballs & Fresh Bok choy using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian Meatballs & Fresh Bok choy
- You need of Meat Mixture.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground meat (beef,turkey or pork) I used lean beef in these.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of minced water chestnuts.
- It’s 1 of Green onion, chopped.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sambal (or red pepper flakes).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemongrass paste (optional).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Hoisin Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soya sauce.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sambal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of rice wine vinegar.
- You need of Pan steamed Bok choy.
- You need 1 lb of Fresh Bok choy (I used Shanghai bok choy here).
- Prepare 1 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
In terms of ingredients, this Asian Meatballs Recipe can easily be tailored to your likes. To make the hoisin sauce, whisk together hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a small bowl. In a large bowl, combine all sauce ingredients except scallions, stirring well. Place meatballs in slow cooker, pour sauce over and stir gently.
Asian Meatballs & Fresh Bok choy step by step
- In a bowl, bring together meat mixture. Form into small balls and bake on baking sheet for 20 min @ 375°F. Then under the broiler for 5 min..
- While balls baking, whisk together sauce in sauce pan and just heat through..
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tsp oil with garlic and toss bok choy together for about 5 min until cooked (but crisp) Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Once balls are cooked you and dip each individually, or pour sauce over meatballs. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
Turn heat to warm setting and serve meatballs directly from slow cooker or, alternatively, transfer meatballs to a serving platter or bowl. Two of my favorite things: Asian food and meatballs come together to make these amazing Asian Turkey Meatballs. These meatballs are tender, flavorful, juicy and loaded with tons of sauce. I baked these meatballs instead of pan frying. It makes it a lot easier to cook the meatballs and they can be cooked in one batch.