Jambalaya with Andouille Sausage, Grilled Chicken and Shrimp. Served over rice or rice cooked with the jambalaya for one pot meal. A somewhat classic version but a great addition to the site since you all love the Cajun Jambalaya Pasta on here so much! Jambalaya is one of Louisiana's most versatile dishes.
It can be made with chicken or beef as well. The "holy trinity" combination of onions, peppers, and celery is found in most jambalaya recipes. Sliced andouille sausage goes in next, followed by tomatoes and tomato paste, as well as a teaspoon of cajun seasoning, plus chicken stock and rice. You can have Jambalaya with Andouille Sausage, Grilled Chicken and Shrimp using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jambalaya with Andouille Sausage, Grilled Chicken and Shrimp
- Prepare 3 of chicken breast, skinless, boneless (I grill with butter, salt, pepper).
- Prepare 1 lb of andouille sausage links, sliced.
- It’s 1 lb of extra large shrimp (20-30 count).
- Prepare 1 of large diced onion.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper finely chopped (red, yellow, (gives it color) or green.
- You need 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground marjoram.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cajun seansoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (for the kick I do 1 tsp).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need of Olive oil.
Heat cast-iron Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from the pot with a slotted spoon, retaining any drippings in the pot. We love the convenience of one-dish meals–which minimize both prep and cleanup time. Using both Andouille sausage and juicy pink shrimp, this jambalaya recipes is like a spicy surf-and-turf.
Jambalaya with Andouille Sausage, Grilled Chicken and Shrimp instructions
- I grill 3 chicken breast with butter, salt, pepper, and garlic salt, let cool and cube or put in pot on stove with water and cook 20 minutes. Cool and cube up..
- In a large pot turn heat to medium high and sauté' in olive oil, onion, garlic, celery, bell pepper 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add chicken broth, cubed chicken, sliced andouille sausage and shrimp. Stir in all seasonings. You may need to add a little more chicken broth, will cook down. Cook on medium and sir occasionally for 1 hour. We put it on rice!!.
To save time and money, buy frozen peeled shrimp and thaw in the refrigerator or under cold. In a large pan or Dutch oven, brown chicken in hot oil on both sides; remove and drain. New Orleans native Charlie Andrews demonstrates how to make Chicken and sausage Jambalaya. In a Dutch oven, sauté onion, pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Add sausage, tomatoes, water and rice; bring to a boil.