Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Chocolate Dipped).
You can cook Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Chocolate Dipped) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Chocolate Dipped)
- It’s of 7 ounce bags flaked & sweetened coconut.
- It’s of all purpose flour, start with only half of this (more or less as needed).
- You need of sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces).
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of margerine.
- You need of real vanilla extract.
- Prepare of semisweet chocolate chips (milk chocolate if u like them sweeter, the macaroons aren't very sweet).
- It’s of cooking wax for thinning & making the chocolate shiny.
Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Chocolate Dipped) instructions
- Preheat oven to 300° F. If u have a big oven you should use the middle rack to bake these. If you have a small oven you should use the top rack of your oven….
- Melt margarine in microwave, set aside to cool a bit… In a large mixing bowl mix all the coconut with half of the flour (you'll probably need more later but not at this point) Set this aside….
- In another bowl whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, eggs & melted but cooled a bit margarine until well incorporated….
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture (coconut & half the flour) Use a good stiff spoon such as a metal or wooden one to mix all together until well incorporated….
- After mixing together at this point your mix needs to be tested… Take a tbs of mix and put it on a saucer… If the mix stays in a pile without spreading then it should be fine, if not you will now have to start adding in the other half of the flour & mixing in after each tbs until you have the right consistency… Keep testing it after adding flour by adding by tbs onto a saucer & make sure to add it back to the other mix each time….
- Now you can drop by tbs onto a cookie sheet & bake until the tops are just starting to get golden in color & the bottoms should be light golden brown… When done pull out of the oven & let sit 4-5 minutes… After sitting carefully remove with a spatula & put on a plate or platter to finish cooling… Put another batch in the oven & repeat until all mix is used up….
- At this point you can dust them with powdered sugar & eat them if you'd like… Otherwise put about 1/2 of your bag of chocolate chips in a bowl with your wax then into the microwave on low setting until melted… (I use a paring knife to shave the wax so that it melts better) After the chocolate is melted dip each macaroon into the chocolate & shake off excess… Put back onto plate or platter & into the freezer or fridge so the chocolate sets….
- Now you can eat them, share them or store them in airtight containers! I hope you all enjoy them! They are delicious & addicting!!.