Vegetarian fried dumplings. Pour a thin layer of water into the pan, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. As Chinese New Year (Spring Festival, 春节) approaches, we are entering the dumpling feast season. According to Northern Chinese tradition, dumplings (Jiaozi, 饺子) are served on New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and the fifth day of the New Year.
They're made of simple Homemade Dumpling Wrappers and filled with healthy veggies. This recipe is fairly easy and includes step-by-step instructions. The Polish have pierogi, the Japanese have gyoza: Many of the world's cultures have some version of dumplings, whether they're filled with meat, cheese or vegetables, and baked, steamed, fried or boiled This recipe is adapted from the children's cookbook "Around the World: Delicious Dishes from Across the Globe," from the American Girl cookbook series, and was inspired by the. You can have Vegetarian fried dumplings using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian fried dumplings
- You need 1 cup of Mixed finely sliced vegetables.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 packages of Dumpling skins 6" round or square.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
When the oil is shimmering, add the dumplings, trying to avoid letting them touch each other. Add oil, ginger, garlic, and cabbage. Cook until cabbage begins to wilt and shrink down. Cut the tofu in half horizontally and lay between layers of paper towels.
Vegetarian fried dumplings step by step
- Use 1Tablespoon of oil and heat in a pan. Add the finely sliced vegetables (I used onions ,garlic,eggplant,courgettes and fry lightly.Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Spoon a teaspoon amount onto the dumpling skin. Pinch close or press with a fork all around the edges..
- In a pan or pot heat the rest of the oil till hot,reduce the temperature to low and add 2~3 dumplings at a time. Turn on each side for 1min..
- Drain on kitchen towel and serve with chilli sauce or dumpling sauce..
If you like Chinese dumplings, these vegetarian pot stickers will blow your mind!! They are very easy to make (contrary to what people may think) and dumpling skins are available even in Western supermarket now. This recipe should use up one package of round dumpling skin and enough to serve a big crowd as appetizers. You can make these dumplings way ahead of time and defrost and pan-fry them. The fried dumplings, or pot stickers, are golden and crispy, while the steamed ones have a light and slightly chewy texture.