Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken and Broccoli. This pesto chicken and broccoli dinner is a jazzed up version of my favorite creamy chicken and broccoli pasta. It's loaded with garlic, parmesan, pesto, and chicken + broccoli. The chicken is first cooked in browned garlic and onions then the parmesan, pesto and cream is added and that's where the real fun begins.
Place the pasta and broccoli back into the large pot. Add the chicken mixture, pesto and parmesan cheese. Add the pasta noodles and cook according to the package directions or until al dente. You can have Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken and Broccoli using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken and Broccoli
- You need 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 16 oz of farfalle (bowtie) pasta.
- It’s 1 cup of basil pesto.
- Prepare 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halves.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh basil chopped.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of steamed broccoli, chipped.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the noodles to a colander to drain and reserve the pasta cooking water in the pasta cooking pot. Cut the fresh broccoli buds into small florets, leaving as short a stem as possible; set aside. A mixture of pasta, broccoli, pesto, tomatoes and cheese that is practically a meal in itself, especially with the cooked chicken. Great served with crusty bread or a tossed salad.
Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken and Broccoli step by step
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until completely cooked. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into strips..
- Boil the pasta until al dente according to the package instructions. Rinse and drain pasta and set aside. (I usually pour a little milk over the drained pasta to prevent the pasta from sticking together).
- Steam chopped broccoli and add it to the chicken and pesto mix.
- Using a large bowl, mix together the pesto, pasta and chicken. Stir until well combined and place in the refrigerator until chilled..
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and fresh basil immediately before serving. Finish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese..
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, veggies, and pesto until the chicken and veggies are coated well with pesto. Add Parmesan, almonds, and garlic and season with salt; blend until combined. And make this basil pesto chicken pasta with sundried tomatoes and broccoli. I had a box of unused orecchiette in the pantry so I decided to use them in this dish because I love that the little 'ears' catch all the pesto and yummy goodness. The Best Grilled Chicken Breast Broccoli Recipes on Yummly