You can cook Italian Vinaigrette using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Vinaigrette
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried basil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 of little less than 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed (I take the clove out when I get the desired intensity of garlic flavor).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced shallots (but minced onion also works in a pinch).
- You need 3 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar (but you could also use white wine or regular white vinegar).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of water.
- Prepare 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
Italian Vinaigrette instructions
- Mix all ingredients except oil first, and stir until ALL the salt and sugar are dissolved, and then adjust the seasoning before adding the oil. A little more sugar if the vinegar's too acidic, a little more salt if needed – because it's hard to taste through the oil..
- Add oil and remember to give it all a good stir just before dressing so you get an even distribution of oil and vinegar in your salad..