Sweet and Sour Shrimp. This sweet and sour shrimp recipe is made with crispy shrimp, colorful veggies and pineapple, all tossed in a homemade sweet and sour sauce. The perfect quick and easy summer dinner that's great for entertaining! There's nothing better than enjoying a restaurant quality meal in the comfort of your.
If you're looking for more fast and flavorful Asian recipes then try. Flavorful 'Sweet and Sour Shrimp' made with delicious green beans, juicy shrimp and sweet bell peppers! For this easy recipe, I partnered with Del Monte. You can cook Sweet and Sour Shrimp using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Shrimp
- It’s 500 g of medium shrimps.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 1 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of for the veggies:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Vegetable oil or corn oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, sliced.
- It’s 1 pc. of red bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 can of pineapple chunks (reserve syrup for sweet and sour sauce).
- You need of Leeks or Green onions, to garnish.
- It’s of for the sauce:.
- You need 3 of tbsps. Cane vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pineapple syrup from canned pineapple.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of tomato ketchup.
- It’s 2 pcs. of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 3-4 of tbsps. Sweet chili sauce.
- Prepare 2 of tbsps. Cornstarch, dissolved in 3 tbsps. Water.
Sweet and Sour Shrimp with plump and juicy shrimp in mouthwatering sweet and sour sauce. Add more water to loosen the Sauce if it dries up. This healthier Sweet and Sour Shrimp Stir-Fry has all the flavor of your favorite restaurant version without all the calories and loads of sugar! Sweet and sour chicken used to be my go-to for Chinese takeout food.
Sweet and Sour Shrimp step by step
- Prepare shrimp: Cut off legs then slice the back halfway through,making sure head and tail are still attached. Season with salt and pepper..
- Heat oil in a wok, Dip shrimp in egg then coat with cornstarch then deep fry shrimp until color turns pink and the coating becomes golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Set aside..
- Heat oil and saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the rest of the veggies except for pineapple chunks. Saute until tender,about 1 minute. Add pineapple chunks and mix well. Set aside..
- Make the sweet-sour sauce: In a saucepan, mix all ingredients (except for the cornstach mixture) simmer over medium heat until reduced by half. Let cool. Pour in sauce in a wok and bring to a boil.thicken with the cornstarch and water mixture. Once thicken, toss in the fried shrimp and veggies. Transfer to a platter and garnish with sliced leeks before serving. Serve immediately..
Crispy pieces of battered chicken in a sticky sweet sauce, I couldn't resist the stuff. Sweet and Sour Shrimp is made with crispy shrimp, healthy veggies, and coated in sweet and sour sauce. This homemade Sweet and Sour Shrimp is our go-to meal during the busy days. We love this meal, as it is a simple stir-fry dish that is all in one-pot. This Chinese favorite can be on your table in a flash using traditional sweet-and-sour ingredients.