Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets.
You can have Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets
- It’s 2 pounds of fresh cod or bass or any thick white fish fillets, skin removed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, I used chili infused, divided use.
- You need 2 tablespoon of butter, divided use.
- You need 2 teaspoon of asian seasoning blend spice plus more for sprinnkling.
- You need 1/4 cup of rice flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 8 of button mushrooms.
- Prepare 4 of baby bok choys.
- You need of FOR BROTH.
- You need 4 cups of low or no sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tamari soy sauce.
- You need of juice of 1 lime.
- You need 2 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sriracha hot sauce.
Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets instructions
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skilet. Add bok choy, cut side down and mushrooms, sprinkle with asian seasonong..
- Cook about 4 minutes on medium to just wllt bok choy, remove bok choy to a plate.
- Into skillet with mushrooms add chicken broth, tamari sauce, lime juice, seasoned rice vinegar, tomato paste, ginger, pepper, sriracha and honey. Simmer about 15 to 20minutes on medium low until reduced slighly.
- Combine rice flour , cornstarch and the 2 teaspoons asian seasoning asian on a plate.
- Brush fish very lightly with mayonaisse.
- Dip fush in flour mixture to very lightly coat, shake off any excess.
- In a skillet large enough to cook fish in one layer heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablspoon olive oil.Sear fish until holden anout 1 minute per side.
- Add broth to fish in skillet, cover and cook on low until fish is done, about 8 minutes depending on thickness of fish..
- Carefully remove fillets to serving plate, add baby bok choy to broth just for a minute to reheat, Serve fish with bok choy and mushrooms. Drizzle with broth ans serve the rest on the side. Rice is good with this as a side dish.