Tom Yum Khung. Tom yum or tom yam (UK: / ˌ t ɒ m ˈ j æ m,-ˈ j ʌ m /, US: /-ˈ j ɑː m /; Thai: ต้มยำ, RTGS: tom yam ()) is a type of hot and sour Thai soup, usually cooked with shrimp (prawn). Tom yum has its origin in Thailand. The words "tom yam" are derived from two Thai words.
It's richer and creamier, and usually a little sweeter, and like I mentioned, the creaminess usually tones down the chili heat and sourness a bit. I hope you enjoyed this tom yum soup recipe. Tom Yum Kung is the most famous of all Thai soup recipes, and authentic Tom Yum Kung soup is without coconut milk and features all four of the famous Thai flavors: salty, sour, sweet and spicy. You can have Tom Yum Khung using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tom Yum Khung
- It’s 300 grams of of large shrimps ,peeled and clean.
- You need 2 cup of of chicken stock.
- You need 1 stick of of lemon grass slices.
- It’s 3 slice of of galangal.
- You need 3 of red thai chilies slices.
- You need 3 of shallots cut into half.
- Prepare 2 bunch of of coriander with roots.
- You need 1 large of tomato cut into 6 pieces.
- It’s 1 tbsp of of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of of chicken stock powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of coconut cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of of sweet chilli paste.
This Tom Yum Kung recipe provides a pungent and zesty feast of flavors with every slurp and is an excellent remedy for a cold or flu bug, as it will instantly clear your sinuses and warm you up. Thin sliced chicken can be subbed for the shrimp. You can add more vegetables (like eggplant, celery, tomatoes, etc). Any type of mushroom can be used in the recipe.
Tom Yum Khung step by step
- Pour chicken stock in the pot add galangal, lemon grass ,chilies ,shallots and coriander roots bring to boil..
- Add shrimp and tomato let's boil till shrimps are cooked.
- Add chicken stock powder, fish sauce ,oyster sauce and coriander.
- Add coconut cream and sweet chilli paste then add lemon juice.
This is an online recipe that I modified slightly. The ever so famous soup of Thai cuisine is tangy, spicy and aromatic with exotic herbs. Have it with rice or pour it over rice noodles, pho-style! Tom Yum Goong is one of the most well-known Thai recipes, and I have the BEST and most authentic Tom Yum recipe for you. Not to mention how easy it is to make.