Hiyayakko (Cold Tofu). Wash tofu under softly running water. Skily and smooth Hiyayakko or Japanese Chilled Tofu is a perfect appetizer or side dish that you can whip up instantly! Swich up the toppings for fun!
Chilled Tofu is a great appetiser with summer drinks. Because the tofu cut into quarters looked like the symbol on yakko's kimono sleeves, they called the dish hiyayakko. Hiyayako (冷奴 cold tofu) is a traditional Japanese dish that is usually served during the summer time. You can cook Hiyayakko (Cold Tofu) using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hiyayakko (Cold Tofu)
- You need 1 pkg of Firm Tofu.
- It’s to taste of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of grated Ginger.
- You need 2 stalks of Green Onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 pkg of Bonito Flakes.
It is not only easy to make, but is also a healthy dish. You only need to have a few ingredients, no. The Best Cold Tofu Recipes on Yummly Tofu Tahini Dan Dan Noodles, Vegan Baked Spaghetti, Crispy Sesame Tofu And Broccoli.
Hiyayakko (Cold Tofu) instructions
- Cut cold tofu into chunks. I cut mine to about 1” x 1.5”. (Feel free to use silken tofu!).
- Top with green onions and bonito flakes. This is the brand I use..
- Drizzle soy sauce and grated ginger over the tofu. Enjoy!.
Hiyayako (冷奴 cold tofu) is a traditional Japanese dish that is usually served during the summer time. It is not only easy to make, but is also a healthy dish. This hiyayakko recipe features chilled tofu with an assortment of savoury and aromatic toppings. • In Japanese, Hiya means cold and Yakko is an old term which means to cut something into cubes. Sesame and soy sauce cold tofu salad with a small amount of fresh Thai peppers. Tofu is a great food for all seasons in China and cold tofu is especially great for summer days.