Fried fish and brown-colored rice – siyyadieh. siyyadieh: lebanese fish; served with rice that's made from a stew that's made from the fish heads and fried onions. delicious. Homemade ice cream with dark brown sugar and a touch of bourbon. Salmon and Black Sesame Onigiri (Japanese Rice Balls)The Kitchn.
Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of the rice! It's a simple recipe, you won't need to hunt down any unusual ingredients, and it's one of my favourite Indonesian..on dish Fried fish with rice Fish fillets with wild brown rice Fried fish fingers with rice Rice with fried fish and salad, homemade food Filipino traditional dish: fried philippine tilapia fish with rice Flavored Fried Rice in an Omelet Wrapping Poor elderly man eating. You can have Fried fish and brown-colored rice – siyyadieh using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried fish and brown-colored rice – siyyadieh
- You need 2 kg of sea bass, or any other large white fish such as red snapper or cod.
- Prepare 3 cups of long grain rice, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 3 of large onions.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pine nuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of almonds.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of caraway.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
Add prawns and fry until heated through. Put in the rice and toss briefly and add in seasoning. Should it be a bit too dry, add a little more oil to glaze. Add in the peas and toss well to combine.
Fried fish and brown-colored rice – siyyadieh step by step
- In a pan, fry the almonds and pine nuts in 3 tablespoons vegetable oil until they turn light brown. Remove from pan and set aside on a kitchen absorbent paper. Reserve the pan for frying the fish..
- Rub the inside and outside of the fish with some salt and olive oil..
- Add the remaining vegetable oil to the pan and fry the fish until tender. Turn off the heat..
- Remove the fish from the pan and keep the oil in the pan..
- Peel the skin off, and remove the bones and head. Discard the bones and keep the head. Cut the fish flesh into big serving pieces and set aside..
- Fry the onions, in the reserved oil in the pan, until crispy and brown in color. Remove 3 tablespoons of the fried onions and keep aside for the garnish..
- Add the fish head, the spices, and 4 cups of hot water to the fried onions in the pan. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 30 min on medium heat or until the onions become very soft..
- Remove the fish head. Bring the sauce to a boil then add the rice. Cover the pan and cook the rice over low heat for 25 min. Add more hot water if needed and taste to see if more salt and seasoning is needed. The rice is cooked when all water has evaporated..
- Put the rice in a serving plate. Place the fried fish pieces on top and sprinkle with the fried onions, pine nuts and almonds. Serve immediately..
Put back the fried salted fish to mix. Manufacturers refine brown rice to make white rice, so it tends to have lower nutritional value. Learn more here about both types and the possible benefits of Brown rice contains more protein, fiber, and carbohydrates than white rice. According to the United States Department of Agriculture National, a. Fried Fish. and Steamed White rice.