Grilled Honey-Glazed Cornish Hens. If desired, garnish with orange slices. Skim fat off juices in baking dish. Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
Like tender, sweet, grilled Cornish hens kissed with deep, rich umami from a gloriously sticky glaze. Your guests will think you spent hours in the kitchen preparing the tender golden brown hens and perfecting the full-flavored basting sauce. Cut out the backbone and split through the breastbone. You can cook Grilled Honey-Glazed Cornish Hens using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Honey-Glazed Cornish Hens
- Prepare 2 of Cornish Hens.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Honey.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Butter, melted.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Paprika.
Trim any excess skin or fat. Remove the hen from the oil and drain on a paper towel. Whisk together in a large bowl, the hoisin, honey, red pepper flakes, and the scallions. Brush mixture over the cooked hen on both sides and.
Grilled Honey-Glazed Cornish Hens step by step
- Rinse birds well and then dry off skin with paper towels..
- Spatchcock hens. With heavy duty scissors, cut up each side of backbone from rear to front of bird to remove. Bend bird in half and lay skin side up..
- Melt butter and mix well with honey and then liberally apply mixture to skin office birds..
- Mix salt, pepper and paprika. Shake over skin side of birds..
- Setup grill for indirect cooking at 325°. When temperature is holding steady, place birds directly into grill grate, skin side up and cook until internal temperature of breasts are 165°. Generally takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes approximately..
- Let rest for 5 minutes..
Remove and discard giblets and necks from hens. Rinse hens with cold water; pat dry. Place seeds in a blender, and. Spatchcocked game hens baked with honey and rotisserie seasonings. Honey Roasted Cornish Game Hens by Sue Lau