Sour cream chocolate cake. This easy chocolate bundt cake is the best chocolate cake recipe. It is easy to make, super moist, and very rich! If you are looking for the perfect bundt It is the secret ingredient!
Impressive to look at but easy to make, this cake is a good old-fashioned "Sunday supper" dessert that melts in Love, Love Love this frosting. It is creamy and so easy to spread. It is chocolatey but balanced by the sour cream. You can have Sour cream chocolate cake using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sour cream chocolate cake
- Prepare 3 of squares unsweetened chocolate melted in the microwave or a bain Marie, cooled.
- You need 2 1/4 cups of sifted cake flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of softened butter or margarine (I have never used margarine for this recipe but it says you can).
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s 1 container (8 oz) of full fat sour cream (the short stack container).
- Prepare 1 cup of boiling water.
- You need of for cocoa frosting :.
- You need 1 pint of whipping cream (35% heavy cream).
- It’s 2/3 cup of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Simply the best chocolate frosting I. This sour cream chocolate cake is moist, fudgy, completely delicious and so easy to make. It's the perfect old-fashioned chocolate cake recipe that How to Make Sour Cream Chocolate Cake. This recipe uses simple, everyday ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, including.
Sour cream chocolate cake step by step
- Melt the chocolate using either method. A bain Marie is the chocolate squares are melted in a bowl fitted over a pan of simmering water. It's important the bowl you have the chocolate in does not come in contact with the water as you don't want to seize the chocolate. When I make this cake I roughly Chop the chocolate and put it in a microwave bowl. Zap for 10 – 15 seconds.. Remove the bowl and stir with a tiny Whisk or spoon. Continue this process until all melted. Remember the melt process continues a little bit with each stir episode. Make sure the chocolate is cooled down but still runny..
- Grease and flour two 9×1 1/2 round cake pans-tap out any excess flour.
- Sift the flour, baking soda & salt onto a piece of wax paper… You're gonna use the wax paper like your scoop.
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Beat the butter, sugar & eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer on high until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and chocolate.
- Stir in the dry ingredients alternating with sour cream (I do this in three parts) beat well with spoon (or mixer on low.. You just want to make sure it's well mixed and smooth).
- Stir in 1 cup boiling water to the mix… It will be runny but that's fine.. Split the batter between both pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertips. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn into wire racks to cool completely. Split each layer in half crosswise to make 4 layers.
- Fill and frost with whipped cocoa cream.
- To make the frosting put all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and Whip until the frosting is stiff. I have doubled the frosting recipe for the cake before.. You'll just have some leftover.. Nothing wrong with leftover frosting :).
- I have also added at times a good jam (eg. Raspberry jam) between the layers before frosting and turns out well.
This easy chocolate sour cream cake is made with sour cream, cocoa powder, and hot coffee. It's the perfect balance of decadence and simplicity! Cake is a favorite among birthday celebrations, but there is no need to relegate it to a yearly treat. This Chocolate Sour Cream Cake is tender, soft, and. Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake.