Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice). Great recipe for Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice). Nasi Bakar refers to steamed rice seasoned with spices and ingredients and wrapped in banana leaves secured with lidi semat (here I used toothpicks) and grilled upon charcoal fire. The burned banana leaves produced a unique aroma.
Great recipe for Spicy grilled rice indonesian style (Nasi Bakar). The only difficult part of this cooking is actually finding the banana leaf. It's not always available in my local asian store. " Coconut rice is cooked with aromatic herbs topped with tuna and basil and then wrapped with banana. You can have Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice)
- You need 4-5 sheets of banana leaves.
- Prepare 2 of plates white rice.
- Prepare of For the tuna sauce:.
- It’s 1 tbs of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 can of tuna, drained (I used tuna in water).
- Prepare 6 cloves of shallots, finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 of lemongrass, cut the white part, finely sliced.
- It’s to taste of salt and sugar.
- You need of For ground spices:.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 3 cloves of shallots.
- Prepare 6 of red chili peppers (jalapeño or serrano).
- You need 2 of birds eye chili peppers (optional).
See great recipes for Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice) too! Nasi bakar (Indonesian for "burned or grilled rice") refer to steamed rice seasoned with spices and ingredients and wrapped in banana leaf secured with lidi semat (small needle made of central rib of coconut leaf) and later grilled upon charcoal fire. The burned banana leaf produced a unique aroma upon the rice. The banana leaf package is opened upon consumption.
Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice) step by step
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sauté shallots and lemongrass until fragrant. Add ground spices. Cook until ground spices change color..
- Add tuna. Keep stirring until all the ingredients mix well. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Prepare 2 sheets banana leaves. Spread 1 plate of white rice out in an even layer on top of the banana leaves. Place 1/2 tuna sauce mixture in the center of white rice. Add basil leaves to taste. Fold banana leaves over to encase tuna sauce completely in rice, and secure each end with a toothpick. Do the same thing one more time with the rest of the rice..
- Heat the grill pan over medium high-heat. Place banana leaves wraps on the grill and grill until banana leaves browned and charred 10-15 minutes each side..
- Serve warm with tomato and cucumber slices! 😋.
Authentic Indonesian Fried Rice Recipes Mari memasak nasi goreng cakalang tuna yang praktis dan sedap bersama komunitas kuliner TummyMe.com. How to cook Indonesian Fried rice with tuna. Charcoal grilled chicken rice with Sambal gravy. Sambal is an Indonesian chili sauce or paste typically made from a mixture of a variety of chili peppers with secondary ingredients such as shrimp paste, garlic, ginger, shallot, scallion, palm sugar, and lime juice. Sambal is an Indonesian loan-word of Javanese origin (sambel).