Sweet and sour chicken. Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese takeout option most of us are too afraid to make at home. Something about woks and cooking with pineapple make it intimidating for most, but it is so much easier to make than you would think. Of the classic Chinese Recipes that most people ask for on my.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce. Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Chicken. Chicken – use boneless skinless chicken thighs for the best flavor, or chicken breasts for a lighter option. You can cook Sweet and sour chicken using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour chicken
- It’s 2 tbs of reduced sodium soy sauce, divided.
- You need 2 tbs of reduced sodium soy sauce, divided.
- You need 1 tbs of reduced sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 lb of skinless chicken breast, chopped.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 can (20 oz) of pineapple chunks in it’s own juice.
- It’s 2 tbs of plus ¼ cup corn starch, divided.
- You need 2 tbs of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cider vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
Sweet and sour chicken is a popular Chinese recipe. For the best sweet and sour chicken, please following my cooking tips below: The combination of plum sauce, Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce and Chinese rice vinegar make the sauce tastes like the best Chinese restaurants. Restaurant style sweet and sour chicken. You can also make this with pork or shrimp.
Sweet and sour chicken step by step
- Combine 1 tbs soy sauce, broth, salt, garlic, and ginger. Rub into chicken. Set in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple and reserve juice in a measuring cup. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to the juice to fill to 1 cup..
- Place in a bowl and add 2 tbs cornstarch and sugar until thoroughly combined. Stir in the vinegar, ketchup and 1 tbs soy sauce. Set aside..
- Add the remaining cornstarch to the chicken mixture, coating well. Heat oil in a large skillet. Stir fry chicken for 2-3 minutes. Add peppers. (Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pan and cover.).
- Add the juice mixture into the pan and allow to boil and thicken.
- Stir for 2 minutes and return chicken and peppers to the pan. Add pineapple, stir, and heat through. Serve with your favorite rice.
This takes some time in preparation but you can also use frozen chicken. Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried. My husband and I thought it was delicious. One comment about the directions: the This recipe is authentic and tastes very similar to the restaraunt style sweet & sour chicken. I probably will not make it again though because of the.