Sweet and sour cabbage with hotdogs. Sweet-And-Sour Green Cabbage with BaconMartha Stewart. Hot dogs are sliced and cooked in a sweet and sour sauce. Pour pineapple juice mixture over cooked onion and green pepper in a saucepan.
I love any kind of sautéed cabbage, but this Sweet and Sour Cabbage with Bacon may be my favorite. Meanwhile, quarter your cabbage, remove the core, and shred the cabbage with a large chef's knife. Add tomatoes, cabbage, undrained mushrooms, and broth to the pot and stir well. You can have Sweet and sour cabbage with hotdogs using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour cabbage with hotdogs
- It’s 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 3/4 of large head of green cabbage chopped.
- You need 1 pound of hotdogs, I used beef use your favorite.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 46 ounce of sterilized jar with lid.
Add the soy sauce, vinegar, chili flakes and salt. Bring to a boil, cover, then turn heat down to medium low. All Reviews for Hot and Sour Cabbage Soup. The whole family will love these spicy hot dogs, which are coated in a delicious sweet and sour glaze for extra tastiness and are perfect for a BBQ.
Sweet and sour cabbage with hotdogs instructions
- Heat oil in a large pan when hot add chopped cabbage. Let it warm through..
- Add sugar and salt. Pour the vinegar atop the cabbage. Simmer 15 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Slice the hotdogs and add to the cabbage. You don't add any water to this recipe the cabbage makes its own juices. Stir the hotdogs in the cabbage and its juices, simmer 30 minutes stirring occasionally..
- In a sterilized jar add the cabbage and hotdogs. I use old pickle jars a lot. Let sit in the refrigerator after it cools to the touch. Let sit overnight or up to 6 months. If sealed you can probably go about a year or however long you keep your can goods for. If it didn't seal use within a week refrigerated..
Sweet and Sour Cabbage with Bacon is the most delicious way to eat cabbage! Cabbage is also considered one of the world's healthiest foods. Cabbage can also provide you with some cholesterol-lowering benefits. It's hot and sour, delicious yet simple, hearty yet light — everything you want right now. I first made this soup a few years ago, when it came straight out of odd ingredients in the fridge and an instinctive craving for cabbage, rice, something spicy, and a little something sour.