Italian Style Veggie Rice. Using just five ingredients, you can serve this easy vegetarian rice and beans dish with Italian seasonings as a side, or, add some sauteed tofu or seitan to make it a main meal. All you need is a can of tomatoes, a can of beans, some instant rice (or you can use leftover rice if you have some on hand that you need to use up), a bit of Italian seasoning, and a dash of salt and pepper, and you. There's a reason these Italian oven roasted vegetables are so popular-Delicious, roasted to tender perfection, and bold with Italian flavors from fresh garlic, oregano, thyme and extra virgin olive oil!
This easy recipe for Italian Style Rice uses roasted eggplant, zucchini, onions and red peppers creating a delicious side dish or vegetarian supper anyone would enjoy. This Italian Rice really is super easy to make and it tastes like the rice you'd get from a restaurant. These rice and lentil based vegetarian patties are a great meatless alternative to ground beef. You can cook Italian Style Veggie Rice using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Style Veggie Rice
- It’s 2 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, roughly diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp. of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 cup of minute brown rice.
- You need 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce + 1 can water.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Comfort food the whole family will LOVE and it's healthier from the vegetables! It keeps you warm and cozy on cold winter nights!! During the cold weather months, soup recipes are the most popular on my […] Vegetarian Risotto recipe: http://videoculinary.com/recipe/risotto-with-vegetables/ with text and photo instructions, in both American and metric measures. Beans and rice are considered comfort food in many countries.
Italian Style Veggie Rice step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the mushrooms and cook them until browned, stirring occasionally. Add the minced garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant. Then remove the mushrooms to a separate plate and set them aside..
- Add the additional oil to the skillet and add the carrots, onions and celery with a big pinch of salt. Stir often until the carrots have begun to soften, then stir in the tomato paste. Cook, stirring frequently, for a couple of minutes, then stir in the mushrooms, rice, beans, tomato sauce, water and seasonings. Increase the heat and let it come up to a low boil..
- Once it begins to bubble, place the lid on and lower the heat to low. Let it simmer covered for 10 minutes. Then turn off the heat, but keep the lid on for 5 more minutes. Then fluff with a fork and sprinkle the mozzarella over the top. Place the lid back on for a couple minutes until the cheese melts, then you're ready to serve..
The reason is that beans are so versatile, there are several varieties, and they can be used for several different recipe applications. We have gathered together a list of some of the best vegetarian rice and beans recipes to help you to explore some new culinary horizons. In a saucepan bring water to a boil. This recipe for black beans and rice is a quick, simple and delicious preparation with plenty of seasonings, including onion, pepper, hot sauce, and garlic. An extra squeeze of lime gives it that little kick it needs.