Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies for Valentine's Day.
You can have Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies for Valentine's Day using 10 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies for Valentine's Day
- Prepare 180 grams of ⚫ Cake Flour.
- It’s 20 grams of ⚫ Katakuriko.
- It’s 20 grams of ⚫ Almond flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ⚫ Salt.
- Prepare 30 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 50 grams of Cream cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 60 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk (medium).
- Prepare 40 grams of Strawberry flavored chocolate.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies for Valentine's Day step by step
- Bring the butter, egg, and cream cheese to room temperature. Melt the strawberry flavored chocolate in a double boiler..
- Combine the ⚫ ingredients (cake flour, katakuriko, almond powder, and salt) in a bowl and instead of sifting, whisk briskly with a whisk..
- Whisk unsalted butter and cream cheese until creamy, add lemon juice and whisk well again. Add sugar and whisk until it looks white..
- Add the egg yolk and melted chocolate to the bowl from Step 3 and whisk again..
- Add the dry ingredients from Step 2. Using a spatula, mix the dough in a cut and fold motion..
- When the dough is crumbly, pack it together with your hands, and fold in the dough by pressing down with your hands until the dry ingredients have been well integrated..
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 170℃. Take out the chilled dough to form into shapes..
- Roll the dough into coin-sized balls in the palms of your hands. Press down on them slightly before organizing them in rows on a parchment-lined baking tray, with space in between. Make sure that there are no cracks on the surface of the dough..
- Bake in the preheated 170℃ oven for 20 minutes (I use an electrical stove). Let the cookies cool on the tray, and you're all done..
- You can enjoy them as they are, or coat them in powdered sugar..
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler (if you temper the chocolate, it'll bring out the shine). Dip half of the cookies into the chocolate. Let the coating harden while resting the cookies on a rack..
- Before the chocolate hardens completely, decorate your cookies with sprinkles or dragées. I've added food coloring to the cookies shown here..
- You can also make chocolate-coated cookies by drizzling on the tempered strawberry chocolate with your right hand, while holding a cookie on a fork with your left hand..
- I drew on these cookies with a decoration pen once the coating hardened. You can use a toothpick to draw fine lines. Little pigs are a cute choice, as well as….
- puppies, pandas, or….
- if you get tired, feel free to draw random designs….
- Please try out different designs. Just as a reference, I was able to decorate 10 cookies using 40 g of strawberry flavored chocolate for the coating..
- [For the pink colored dough] The cookies will have a light hue, so if you want a bolder color like I've shown in Step 11, add diluted food coloring at Step 4..
- (Step 18 continued) If using food coloring, cover the cookies midway through baking to prevent browning..
- Instead of using decorating pens, I used mini chocolate chips for the eyes. These piggies are looking sexy with their falsies..