Red sweet and sour cabbage with lamb and grapes. For the cabbage heat the vinegar, and honey. heat till starts to simmer. See great recipes for Red sweet and sour cabbage with lamb and grapes too! Since it's October, I thought this German side dish of sweet and sour red cabbage with apples and raisins would be an ideal way to celebrate Octoberfest.
See great recipes for Red sweet and sour cabbage with lamb and grapes too! Add the apple cider, brown sugar, star anise, cinnamon and the piece of orange peel studded with the cloves. Other sources of foods rich in anthocyanins are blueberries and other berries, grapes, pomegranates, plums, cherries, black beans and kidney beans.. You can have Red sweet and sour cabbage with lamb and grapes using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red sweet and sour cabbage with lamb and grapes
- Prepare of ————cabbage——————–.
- It’s 1 head of red cabbage.
- You need 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of ——-lamb with grapes—————–.
- Prepare 2 pounds of lamb steaks.
- You need 1/2 pound of seedless grapes, I used sable table grapes, the grape colored ones.
- You need 1/2 cup of grape juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh rosemary.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of wine, I used a Chardonnay by Woodbridge.
- You need 1 teaspoon of honey.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
Made the fantastic sweet and sour cabbage recipe last night. Both my husband and I loved it! I have tried numerous recipes for this dish and this is by far the best! red cabbage, onion, bay leaves, apple, vinegar, wondra, olive oil, beef boullion. It's easy to make with just a few simple ingredients and is a different side dish for pork chops, chicken, sauerbraten or any of your favorite meat dishes!
Red sweet and sour cabbage with lamb and grapes instructions
- Heat a pan add butter. when melted salt and pepper the lamb. Add to pan..
- Let simmer 3 minute on first side..
- Turn add garlic and rosemary. simmer 5 minutes..
- Remove the lamb from pan. cut grapes in half add the grapes, grape juice, and chardonnay. simmer 10 minutes add honey stir well. add the lamb and simmer 5 minutes. let rest..
- For the cabbage heat the vinegar, and honey. heat till starts to simmer..
- While that is going on shred the cabbage into thin slivers..
- When the liquids start to simmer add cabbage stirring often till all is coated. add salt..
- Simmer covered 20 minutes tossing the cabbage often. Let it remain covered for 10 minutes. Serve with lamb and grape sauce. hope you enjoy!.
- The garnish came from our backyard and are wild grapes very strong in flavor!.
Cardinal grapes are remarkably "red" and really quite sweet. They are a cross between Red Flame (or Flame Tokay) and Ribier grapes. Cardinal grapes are large, have thick, crunchy, skins and are known for their noticeably (large) seeds. See great recipes for My Sour & Sweet Juicy Salad 😁 too! To make the sweet and sour cabbage, put the vinegar and sugar in a small pan and heat until the sugar dissolves.