Chickpea grilled cheese. For Kelyn, a food stylist from Texas now living in NYC, it's the meal that brings up the warm fuzzies of childhood but can easily be dressed up for grownup palates. Spread the chickpea mixture on two pieces of bread. Set two of them out on your work surface and divide the chickpea mixture between the slices, spreading it evenly across each piece with a knife or spatula.
Divide the chickpea spread between the bread and spread into an even layer. This plate of Crispy Lemon Feta with Spiced Chickpeas and Basil Orzo is a great easy meatless dinner for any night of the week. Crispy pan-fried feta cheese paired with spiced chickpeas and zucchini and severed over a creamy garlic lemon yogurt and buttery basil orzo. You can cook Chickpea grilled cheese using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chickpea grilled cheese
- It’s 1/2 can of chickpeas drained.
- It’s of Green onions chopped.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Shredded marble cheese.
- It’s slices of Garlic bread.
- You need of Lemon juice.
The most common cheese in Middle Eastern cuisine is feta and yes, it does melt! Thick slabs of feta, drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with za'atar and melted over bread is an amazing taste treat. You can just leave it at that or add some more substance with my favorite beet and chickpea combination. This grilled nectarine salad gets extra heft from smoky BBQ chickpeas.
Chickpea grilled cheese instructions
- Drain chickpeas and mash with potato masher.
- Chop green onions and add to chickpeas with salt and pepper & dash of lemon juice.
- Place garlic bread (pre buttered) in pan….spoon mix onto 1 piece of bread then top with shredded marble cheese.
- Cook on med to low heat depending on thickness of bread then serve when golden brown.
Leave out the Parmesan cheese to make this recipe vegan, or pile it on for a heartier vegetarian meal. The ultimate vegan grilled cheese sandwiches which will make your mouth water! Homemade vegan cheese meets flavorful veggies and delicious sandwich bread. No cashews and no blender needed for this quick vegan snack! Easy & Quick Vegan Grilled Cheese INCREDIBLE, super-easy, vegan Cheddar Cheese!