BBQ Hoisin Red Curry Grilled Chicken. Source : BBQ Hoisin Red Curry Grilled Chicken. See great recipes for BBQ Hoisin Red Curry Grilled Chicken too! Most curry paste ingredients are the same with a few additions or substitutions to alter the flavor.
Brush on remaining hoisin glaze and close lid. Cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked and juices run clear. Serve with rice and a salad. You can have BBQ Hoisin Red Curry Grilled Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of BBQ Hoisin Red Curry Grilled Chicken
- It’s 3 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of red curry paste(some red curries are spicier than other adjust up or down to your spice level.).
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 tablespoons of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s of Seasoning for the chicken (you will not use it all).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 pounds of boneless chicken thighs (Breasts work fine… also pork :).
Serve with steamed rice, lettuce wraps, with a side of stir fried noodles, whatever floats your boat. Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grate well. Grill burgers according to package directions. Fire up BBQ to medium heat.
BBQ Hoisin Red Curry Grilled Chicken step by step
- Put the first 8 ingredients in the blender and run for 2 minutes Divide into two containers. (half for marinade and half for sauce to finish).
- Mix the salt,granulated garlic,powdered ginger and black pepper and sprinkle to season the chicken. (you will not use it all).
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes to a couple of hours with half of the sauce.Longer is better : ).
- Grill the chicken for about 5-7 minutes on each side (do not burn 🙂 It needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. NOTE…We also tried this in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes and it tasted very good..
- In the last couple of minutes brush with the other half of the sauce. (finishes with a nice shiny glaze).
In a large bowl, stir oil with mustard, honey, curry, salt, garlic powder, pepper and cinnamon or allspice. Baste chicken with a basting brush or add chicken turning evenly to coat. BBQ turning and brushing often with remaining marinade. Rub the curry mixture all over the chicken, into the slits and under the skin; season with salt and pepper. Long time personal favourite, the marinade I make over and over again for gatherings with friends!