Chicken Porridge with Sauté Mushroom. The Best Chicken Breast With Sauteed Mushrooms Recipes on Yummly Sourdough Fett'unta With Whipped Chevre & Sauteed Mushrooms, Pork Cheeks In Wine Pie With Sauteed Mushrooms, Grilled Chicken Breast Masada Heat olive oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Congee is a savory rice porridge popular in many Asian countries.
Congee is a class Asian dish, and essentially it is a rice porridge made by boiling rice with a more significant amount of water until it breaks down into a pudding-like consistency. You can make a congee into a sweet dish or a savory dish. In this blog post, I will tell you how to make a savory chicken and mushroom congee. You can cook Chicken Porridge with Sauté Mushroom using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Porridge with Sauté Mushroom
- Prepare 2 cups of rice, cooked in the rice cooker with 3 cups water.
- You need 6 of chicken thighs (bone in).
- It’s 12 cups of water.
- You need 2 inches of ginger, pounded.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Garnish:.
- Prepare of fried wonton wrappers.
- You need of green onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of For the sauté mushrooms:.
- It’s 250 gr of mushrooms, roughly minced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
This light and fresh chicken dish with asparagus, mushrooms, and boneless chicken breasts is somewhere between a skillet and a stir-fry. Serve with rice or pasta and a nice glass of white wine. Sometime ago I saw a program on television where they made this with pork. The dish looked very interesting to me and healthy.
Chicken Porridge with Sauté Mushroom step by step
- Directions for the sauté mushrooms: Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat. Sauté minced garlic until fragrant..
- Add mushrooms. Cook until wilted..
- Season with oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, and white pepper powder. Adjust the taste..
- Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Directions for the porridge: Bring chicken thighs and water to a boil. Remove the chicken thigh and allow to cool. When chicken thighs are cool enough, shred the meat and remove the bones. Strain and set aside 10 cups of chicken broth..
- Put the rice in the blender with 1 cup water. Make rough purée rice (not too long so the rice won’t be too soft like baby food)..
- Boil chicken broth. Add rice purée, shredded chicken, and ginger. Bring it back to a boil..
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook until rice started to thicken, which may take 20-30 minutes..
- Season with salt and white pepper powder. Adjust the taste..
- Garnish with sauté mushrooms, fried wonton wrappers, and green onions. Yum! 😋.
I have made it now several times as a soup and added my own ingredients. This is what I found out about congee. It's a boiled rice porridge eaten by the Chinese for breakfast. In various areas they will add fermented bean curd, pickles or greens. Your chicken will tell you when it wants to be turned by releasing from the pan easily.