Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich. Show Your Food What It's Missing With The Perfect Balance Of Flavor & Spice. Dunk the chicken first in the buttermilk mixture, then dredge in the seasoned flour and coat thoroughly. Gently drop the chicken into the oil, in batches if necessary, and fry until golden brown.
Add chicken pieces and toss to evenly coat. Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich The legend is that Nashville style spicy fried chicken got it's debut as a revenge dish served to a man by his wife when she found out that he was cheating on her. Unfortunately for her plan, he ended up loving the fiery result of her labor and so, Nashville spicy chicken was born. You can have Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich
- Prepare of For the Chicken.
- It’s 1 of Large Boneless Chicken Breast Sliced in Half Lengthwise.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Milk.
- You need 1 of Egg Beaten.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of AP Flour.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 of Tsps Cayenne Powder.
- You need 1 1/2 Tsp of Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 Litre of Vegetable or Canola Oil For Frying.
- Prepare of For the Slaw.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of Finely Shredded Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of Medium Carrot Peeled and Shredded.
- You need 2 Tbsps of Sour Cream.
- You need 2 Tsp of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare to Taste of Salt and Pepper.
Nashville-style Hot and Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwiches worthy of its name and iconic reputation! Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Dredge again in flour mixture and. In a large bowl, season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich step by step
- To make the coleslaw, simply combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Set aside..
- For the chicken, first we are going to prepare our wet bath and dry dredge. Begin by combining your milk, the beaten egg, and the hot sauce in a bowl and stirring until combined. Set aside..
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, 2 Tsp of Cayenne Powder, 1 Tsp of Chilli Powder, 1 1/2 Tsp Paprika, and 1 Tsp Garlic Powder. Mix using a fork or a whisk until well combined..
- Begin by dipping your chicken breasts into the flour mixture. Once coated in flour, shake off the excess and then dunk into the wet mixture. Coat thoroughly, and transfer back to the flour mixture. Ensure that the chicken is evenly coated by the flour mixture on all sides. Shake off excess flour, and transfer to a plate..
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan or frying pan, heat your oil to 375 degrees F. It will lose a significant amount of heat when you introduce your chicken, so we are aiming high. It is important that your oil is up to temperature before introducing the chicken or you will end up with soggy chicken..
- Fry the chicken until golden brown and crispy on both sides flipping in the oil as necessary (about 3-5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the breasts). Remove from oil and place on a wire rack with a paper towel underneath to drain..
- Steal about a 1/4 cup of the hot cooking oil which your chicken had just cooked in and place in a heat proof bowl. Add remaining 1 Tsp of Cayenne Powder, 1/2 Tsp of Chilli Powder, and 1/2 Tsp of Paprika along with the brown sugar and the apple cider vinegar. Stir until well combined..
- Once the chicken has drained, place on a plate and spoon the hot oil mixture all over the breasts until they are well coated. Place onto sandwich rolls and top with the homemade coleslaw..
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a metal rack. Meanwhile, set up your dredging station: flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and a pinch of salt in a shallow bowl; buttermilk, hot sauce, egg, and a pinch of salt in another shallow bowl. This Nashville hot chicken recipe = the best fried chicken, covered in delicious spicy oil sauce SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/stcgsub Choose your favorite KFC chicken sandwich: the Doublicious and Chicken Littles are both made with the Colonel's chicken you've grown to love. These sandwiches combine the shattering panko crispiness of katsu-style cutlets and the fiery heat found in Nashville-style hot chicken with some cooling shredded lettuce to put out the fire.