Easy Vegan Pie Crust 🥧. Pie crust is possibly one of the worlds most difficult things to make. That seems super complicated, but luckily plants have oxygen covered. Now I will eat you… muhahah.
I'll show you how to make homemade vegan pie crust from scratch in no time at all. This is a classic pie crust recipe, vegan and perfect for all your baking needs! I've made the process easier by utilizing the food processor, but you can make it by hand if you prefer. You can have Easy Vegan Pie Crust 🥧 using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Vegan Pie Crust 🥧
- You need 1/4 Cup of non-dairy Milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 Lb of Vegtable Shortening.
My vegan pumpkin pie made with easy vegan pie crust. In the meantime, whisk the Almond Flour, Tapioca Flour, and Salt together in a medium to large bowl. The end result is perfectly flaky, crispy and golden. Every baker seems to have strong opinions on their preferred crust-making method.
Easy Vegan Pie Crust 🥧 step by step
- Add flour, salt, and sugar together and combine. Once dry ingredients are combined add in Vegtable Shortening chunks at a time. Break the shortening up well until fully mixed into the other ingredients..
- Once the shortening and dry ingredients are combined add in milk. (I usually eye ball this part) you do not want your dough to be to wet or to crumbly. It is alright of the dough looks a little crumbly at first but should come together after once folded into self a few times and rolled out with a rolling pin..
- Once you have rolled dough out with pen place into pie pan. It's ok if the dough crumbles a little. Use a knife to cut around the edges of the pan to make it look more uniform. Then krimmp the pie crust or use pinching method around the edges. Use a fork to pierce the pie crust in the bottom part of the pan to ensure a through cooking..
- Fill crust with pie filling of choice, freeze for later, or pre-cook at 450*F for 10-15min (or until golden brown)..
Easy Vegan Homemade Pie Crust Recipe creates a crispy, buttery pie crust perfect for your next vegan pie recipe. To make a perfect vegan pie dough, I use a secret ingredient! This is an easy vegan pie crust recipe made with margarine and oil, instead of Crisco or solid shortening. And since it has just a tiny touch of sugar, this vegan pie crust recipe is indeed perfect for both savory pies and sweet dessert pies. I have a confession to make.