Asian Flavored Ribs. Fill a large pot halfway full with water. Steven Raichlen is an author, journalist and cooking teacher. His Barbecue Bible cookbook series reinvented how America barbecues.
Slow cooked to perfection in a sweet and tangy asian sauce. They get slathered right before serving in a finger licking good sticky sauce! In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes; pour over ribs. You can have Asian Flavored Ribs using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asian Flavored Ribs
- Prepare 1 pound of beef short ribs about 500g.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rice wine.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh grated ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of scallions.
Add hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil; toss to coat evenly. I served this incredibly delicious and easy to prepare dish on Friday night with friends looking for an excuse to open some spectacular wines that needed to be drunk. An Asian rib rub gives these charcoal-grill smoked ribs a sweet and spicy flavor. Serve remaining glaze on the side.
Asian Flavored Ribs step by step
- Put the short ribs in a large Ziploc bag..
- In a large bowl, mix all other ingredients together, except scallions. Pour the mixture into the Ziploc bag and mix it with the ribs. Marinate the ribs for about 2 hours..
- Line the fryer basket with a sheet of lightly greased aluminum foil..
- Place the ribs inside the fryer basket, without stacking. Air fry at 380F (190C) for 8-10 minutes, flip once in the middle until the surface is slightly caramelized..
- Sprinkle some scallions to garnish..
BBQ ribs get an Asian inspired makeover in this recipe for soy ginger glazed spare ribs. The flavor base for these Asian style smoked ribs comes from a dry rub of paprika mixed with five spice powder. The ribs are smoked low and slow until moist and tender then glazed with a sticky sweet soy and ginger BBQ sauce. Dry ribs with paper towels, then rub all over with pepper. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until shimmering.