Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup. Try Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About Today. Make the matzo balls: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, salt, and pepper until well combined. Add matzo meal and seltzer; mix to combine.
The Best Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup. A Healthy Twist on America's Favorite Soup. Let's face it, there's just something wonderfully soothing about seeing a steaming bowl of Matzo Ball Soup with its pillowy-plump dumplings swimming in a bath of golden broth. You can cook Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup
- You need of eggs.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of matzo meal.
- Prepare of seltzer or club soda.
- You need of sea salt.
- Prepare of medium carrots, peeled and sliced thin.
- It’s of carton + 1 14 oz can of Swanson's vegetable stock.
- You need of fresh parsley, chopped.
Tips for Making Delicious Vegan Matzo Ball Soup… Look for matzo meal in the international foods section of your supermarket. Make sure to press the mixture firmly when shaping your matzo balls, and whatever you do, don't stir the soup while they cook. This will help to ensure they don't fall apart. One of the foods I most long for from my childhood bopping around Jewish delicatessens in New York and Los Angeles is the humble bowl of matzo ball soup: a mountain of tender dumplings surrounded by rich stock and not much else.
Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup step by step
- Mix eggs well until pale in color. Add olive oil, mix well. Add matzo meal and mix lightly to incorporate. Add seltzer or club water and salt. Mix lightly until a firm dough forms..
- Refrigerate matzo ball dough for at least 30 minutes..
- Heat vegetable stock in a medium stock pot on med high. Add carrots and cook 10 minutes on a low boil..
- Form matzo ball mix in 2 inch balls with hands moistened with cold water. Drop in the stock and boil covered on med heat for 30 minutes. You should have 12 matzo balls. Check every 10 minutes and add water if stock evaporates. Add parsley 10 minutes before cooking is complete..
As a child I would nibble each tender spoonful, carefully whittling down my knaidel (as "matzo ball" is called in Yiddish). This vegan matzo ball soup recipe is chock-full of vegetables, and the perfect prelude to the Passover Seder dinner. But more importantly, it's vehicle for delicious Vegan Matzo Balls. Recipe adapted from Vegan Holiday Kitchen by Nava Atlas. As an alternative to this Ashkenazik-style soup, try Moroccan-Style Vegan Matzo Ball Soup.