Chicken Quesadillas (Mexican). This chicken quesadilla recipe has an impressive look and taste with little preparation. The leftover chicken gets Mexican flair from cumin in this fun main dish. —Linda Wetzel, Woodland Park, Colorado.. Best Chicken Quesadilla, Chicken Quesadillas, Roasted Poblano Chicken Quesadillas.
Read about the History of the Quesadilla in Mexico by Kudolife. Zesty chicken and cooked peppers are a tasty delight when mixed with cheese and stuffed in a tortilla to create chicken quesadillas. Quesadilla is a Mexican dish which consists of two tortillas with filling, which should contain cheese (actually, the name "quesadilla" is derived from Spanish words "queso," which means "cheese"). You can cook Chicken Quesadillas (Mexican) using 31 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Quesadillas (Mexican)
- Prepare of Base.
- You need 2 of Chicken Breast.
- It’s 8 of Tortillas.
- It’s 1 lb of Cheddar Cheese.
- You need 1 of Red Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Green Pepper.
- Prepare of Flavor.
- You need of Vegetable Oil.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Taco Seasoning.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s of Pico.
- You need 4 of Tomatoes.
- You need 1 of White Onion.
- It’s 1/2 Bunch of Cilantro.
- It’s 2 of Jalapenos.
- It’s 1 of Lime.
- It’s 4 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Add Ins.
- You need of Sour Cream.
- It’s of Hot Sauce.
You'll love the Mexican Chicken Quesadilla Recipe. Turn Sunday's leftovers into a Mexican Chicken Quesadilla Recipe full of cheese, chicken and veggies. Get perfect, even dice every time with this super-simple method. Recipe for Cheesy Chicken Tinga Quesadillas (with Green Sauce).
Chicken Quesadillas (Mexican) instructions
- Prep: Make Pico by dicing tomatoes and white onion, finely chopping jalapenos and cilantro and mincing the garlic. Combine and then add salt, sugar & lime juice to taste..
- Prep: Make taco seasoning by combining the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mixing till evenly blended together..
- Prep: Cut the Red and Green bell peppers into small squares and set aside. Shred the cheese and set aside..
- Prep: Dry, pound and trim the chicken breasts and then Dice into small squares. Put into a bowl and mix with olive oil, salt and pepper..
- Prep: Put a baking sheet in the oven, lined with parchment paper & turn oven to 200°..
- Cook: Heat pan to Medium-High and add diced chicken to the pan, cool until the outside is cooked and then drain any water from the Pan. Add a bit of oil to the pan and then add in the taco seasoning & bell peppers. Cook until the chicken just starts to brown & then add the bell peppers. Cook to desired doneness, remove chicken & bell peppers and set aside..
- Cook: Cook each Quesadilla one at a time. Turn the temperature to Medium, Add vegetable oil to the pan, then a tortilla. Fill with cheese & chicken/bell pepper mix and then fold closed. Cook till crisp and then flip. Move to baking sheet after they are done and then start the next one..
- Cook: Repeat till all the Quesadillas are done and then turn off the oven. serve Immediately, with sour cream, hot sauce & pico..
You can read about building Tinga Tacos here, but this post will be dedicated to Mexican cuisine's favorite portmanteau, i.e. Continue until all your veggie and chicken mixes are used up. Setting your finished quesadillas on a cooling rack in the oven set to low. When ready to serve, cut with a pizza cutter into slices and enjoy! These chicken quesadillas are a meal in one!